PBR Texture Change HUD

I'm pretty new to all of this but I'm trying to find a builders texture HUD script that works with PBR.  I feel like I've given a pretty thorough look through the Markeplace and inworld.  Is it possible that I'm not looking for the right thing or maybe it doesn't exist or isn't even possible.  I was sure that Bosh would have it and I've sent a notecard asking in case I'm just not understanding.  Thank you very much in advance and apologies if this topic is in the wrong place.

Not seen one... but the title attracted my attention since I'm writing a combined PBR/blinn phong texture, tinting and alpha HUD right now for my own products.

It's a tad more complex that the old fashioned way, lol.

I'm sure someone will come out with a commercial HUD soon.

15 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Not seen one... but the title attracted my attention since I'm writing a combined PBR/blinn phong texture, tinting and alpha HUD right now for my own products.

It's a tad more complex that the old fashioned way, lol.

I'm sure someone will come out with a commercial HUD soon.

That no one has yet maybe suggests that PBR is not being widely adopted yet by creators?

Or are they producing their own scripts?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That no one has yet maybe suggests that PBR is not being widely adopted yet by creators?

Or are they producing their own scripts?

Maybe they are waiting for FS to have full PBR?

• Like 2

Yeah - it is a bit of a pain. I've just found one odd glitch where an alpha setting works sometimes, and not others, and sometimes loses itself half way through, although I probably shouldn't be doing it that way anyway (there's a 'proper' way) so I won't, lol.

22 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep. Not only because most people can't see it, but many people don't understand what new upgrades mean. When mesh came out, I was one of the first to convert sculpty grass to mesh. I got the one star reviews as a result, because people thought mesh grass would have each blade individually modelled. All for one land impact. They didn't understand that we'd still be using planes for large areas of grass. The mesh just loads better.

For PBR, people have heard that everything will look better and be shiny. That means upgrading a non-shiny item, that is likely to look about the same, will only lead to customer complaints. I'm holding back on it and will only make shiny items at the start. Once people have gotten over it, I'll update the items where it doesn't make much difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:42 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Oddly enough - no. I have played with PBR enough LSL wise so my customers, when they ask, can be covered.
And the results have varied.
And I don't use FS apart from some very useful tools  so it is all within the SL viewer - where I test stuff.
Plus I don't make 'generic' stuff code wise as its a Mugs game.

Been there (PBR code wise) done that and I have the tee shirt - for the OP I expect the same

On 6/3/2024 at 10:44 PM, DellaMay Celestia said:

I'm pretty new to all of this but I'm trying to find a builders texture HUD script that works with PBR.  I feel like I've given a pretty thorough look through the Markeplace and inworld.  Is it possible that I'm not looking for the right thing or maybe it doesn't exist or isn't even possible.  I was sure that Bosh would have it and I've sent a notecard asking in case I'm just not understanding.  Thank you very much in advance and apologies if this topic is in the wrong place.

I was just thinking about this today. I’m working on a PBR bathroom and thought “Boy, it sure would be nice to have a pbr texture hud for this”.

Doubt it's a factor, but one thing I don't see mentioned yet is that we can expect some significant simplifying of how LSL can manipulate Blinn-Phong and glTF materials at the same time. The most basic functionality is a way to set transparency so it applies to both systems; if I remember those conversations, color / tint might come at the same time or even in the same function. I don't know if they've even decided yet how or if this interacts with already-defined LSL functions. Some of the requested functionality has been tracked since the end of January.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

The most basic functionality is a way to set transparency so it applies to both systems; if I remember those conversations, color / tint might come at the same time or even in the same function.

If they could both be set without having to read and re-set all the other parameters too, that would save 75% of my code!

• Like 1