What will 'finer-grained controls for content maturity' look like?

19 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You mean: 

No but since most is Copybotted or can be made so, one can do more with what is available.

There are those who dump cb content there like here, but there are local creators too who put stuff out but it is harder to track them down as there is not much of a central search function. It is difficult enough to find things here, never mind over there. One has to learn who has what one is looking for and maybe look on the OSW community.

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

LOL! I totally volunteered. Because at some point, you look back and say, "Wow! I had way too much. How about 'not having any' for awhile?" FR tho!!!

Yet some of us, who are older and have been married for almost 30 still have regular sex in RL!   Why does everyone think that when you hit a certain age that sex just stops?  Boggles my mind.  

What I have found is that the SLex just doesn't appeal to me anymore.  For one, I rarely find anyone I connect with in a way that I'd even want to consider it.  I'm not interested in random hook ups at all and honestly, the younger people who I do talk to who ARE interested in it have no game.  They have no idea how to engage with a woman.  

Sure, if I wasn't single I'd still be doing it.

I think that it's a little hard to explain but:

Category the First - Some people never get much and are happy; while some are not happy and wish they get more.  SL may help them with that "lack".

Category the Second - Some people got plenty and are happy; while some are not happy and still wish they get more anyway. SL may help them with that "want more".

Category the Third - Some people got MORE than enough (compared to most healthy people) to be generally satisfied; while some are not satisfied anyway and still wish they get more and more and more. SL may help them with that "insatiable hunger".

..and on and on through Category the Nth.

I just happen to fall into Category the Third.

I don't truly knock those who fall into other categories, however I have trouble empathizing with those who seem "dependent" on SLex to the degree we read in these Forums, that they "freak out" over changes (the "Sky is falling", "LL will take away my fun", etc.).  I understand addiction, I truly do. I am also not accusing everyone made at losing their "fun" of being "addicted".  Possibly.."entitled".

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If you have a good R/L relationship with an active sex life, then that's not surprising. That's a minority though. It boggles my mind that someone like yourself thinks her life is the norm rather than the exception.

I was referring to someone assuming every older person in SL is here for...how did they put it so crudely?  gumilingus?  

It's as if I were to say, everyone in SL under 40 is having SLex because they can't get any in RL.   Which, to be honest, I'd say is probably at the same percentage as older people.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was referring to someone assuming every older person in SL is here for...how did they put it so crudely?  gumilingus?  

It's as if I were to say, everyone in SL under 40 is having SLex because they can't get any in RL.   Which, to be honest, I'd say is probably at the same percentage as older people.  

I think it's more likely that the oldest generation still on SL has "less" (interest in SLex).  Not because they "lose interest", just the tendency for each generation to become more conservative as they age.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Category the First - Some people never get much and are happy; while some are not happy and wish they get more.  SL may help them with that "lack".

Category the Second - Some people got plenty and are happy; while some are not happy and still wish they get more anyway. SL may help them with that "want more".

Category the Third - Some people got MORE than enough (compared to most healthy people) to be generally satisfied; while some are not satisfied anyway and still wish they get more and more and more. SL may help them with that "insatiable hunger".

I don't truly knock those who fall into other categories, however I have trouble empathizing with those who seem "dependent" on SLex to the degree we read in these Forums, that they "freak out" over changes (the "Sky is falling", "LL will take away my fun", etc.).  I understand addiction, I truly do. I am also not accusing everyone made at losing their "fun" of being "addicted".  Possibly.."entitled".

Yep and that is ALL ages in SL not just the older residents.   

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And some downplay it all for laughs and sympathy :) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JacksonBollock said:

And some downplay it all for laughs and sympathy :) 

and some substitute the slex with spending too much time in the forum. Not naming any names or looking in the mirror!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JacksonBollock said:

No Sh*t Sherlock,

I'm a late middle aged man, married for nearly 3 decades, 2 live at home kids, and a full time job.

Of course I'm an Involuntary Celibate!

Good catch though *cough" "it takes one to know one I guess"  *cough*

that reminds me of a joke about a father, his son, and a condom display at a pharmacy, but it’s kinda adult, so i shouldn’t tell here 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I can't tell anymore. Are you for SLex, against it, getting none, getting too much?  

In answer to your questions.

1. I'm for it, but in moderation people! :) 
  2. I'm not against it, see answer 1 above.
  3. I'm getting no SLex, but an adequate amount elsewhere.
  4. I don't know what that would feel like.

Jackson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Can't get any or don't want to be bothered with the potential problems that comes with being in a relationship. Those who have been married and separated or divorced might be using the slex to get that need met at least.

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Can't get any or don't want to be bothered with the potential problems that comes with being in a relationship. Those who have been married and separated or divorced might be using the slex to get that need met at least.

ok here is a joke that should be okey.

Why are men called handsome?

Well its like this,

a four way is call a foursome,

a three way is called a threesome,

and a guy by himself is called a

handsome

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

ok here is a joke that should be okey.

Why are men called handsome?

Well its like this,

a four way is call a foursome,

a three way is called a threesome,

and a guy by himself is called a

handsome

The ultimate in safe sex, brought to you by  SecondLife!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If you have a good R/L relationship with an active sex life, then that's not surprising. That's a minority though.

If it is not active enough, perhaps don't "just lay there". 🙂

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What need would that be?  Masturbating to words on a screen? or watching avatars get busy?  People need to realize that SLex is NOT sex.  You would probably have better SLex with an AI doing the emoting than a real person running an avatar. In fact, I guarantee you would.

If you are in your 40's and giving up sex because you can't be bothered then it's time for you to see a doctor for your low libido, or see a psychiatrist and figure out why you think relationships are a bother at age 40.  I can understand it at age 60. 40 not so much.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I imagine that "finer-grained controls" could include:

- Images

- Animations

But the region / parcel owner would have to set all of those, and be honest.

"You didn't say you had adult animations, and I ended up humping your couch!"

21 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Whatever, Arielle.  People, regardless of age, come to SL for SLex for a variety of reasons.  All I was saying is no one should ASSUME every older resident is here for that or that they aren't getting any in RL.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

no one should ASSUME every older resident is here for that or that they aren't getting any in RL.   

Similarly, no one should assume that every older resident is AGAINST it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Whatever, Arielle.  People, regardless of age, come to SL for SLex for a variety of reasons.  All I was saying is no one should ASSUME every older resident is here for that or that they aren't getting any in RL.   

lets face it, a big draw for slex is to experience fantasies you wouldn’t try in rl.

someone else said “words on a screen or watching two avis get it on”, its really not that, its actually  being your avi and responding to the person you are on the poseballs with. It can be very powerful when you write the words together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am still curious how they will implement this, I doubt they are doing this for the fun of it, nor is it likely to only to appease to Apple and Google, it was probably inevitable considering how strict the Internet and society is becoming.  Something tells me, just listing your parcel as having tones of sexuality, foul language, or scenes of violence will not be enough when your neighbor just across the street can peek into your property, see adult related objects, animesh people going at it, perhaps a zombie wandering around, and so on.

Sure they may not be able to enter the property but it is all still there.  Behind closed doors might be fine for LL, but is it for Apple, is it for various countries around the world, how about US states that have gone a bit loopy as of late?  

And this is not an pro or anti ratings for parcels post from me, just a curiosity as to how the future of SL will look like.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I am still curious how they will implement this, I doubt they are doing this for the fun of it, nor is it likely to only to appease to Apple and Google, it was probably inevitable considering how strict the Internet and society is becoming.  Something tells me, just listing your parcel as having tones of sexuality, foul language, or scenes of violence will not be enough when your neighbor just across the street can peek into your property, see adult related objects, animesh people going at it, perhaps a zombie wandering around, and so on.

Sure they may not be able to enter the property but it is all still there.  Behind closed doors might be fine for LL, but is it for Apple, is it for various countries around the world, how about US states that have gone a bit loopy as of late?  

And this is not an pro or anti ratings for parcels post from me, just a curiosity as to how the future of SL will look like.  

I assumed something complicated like assigning optional "ratings" to individual objects.  Then those "ratings" would somehow bubble up to the "rating" of the Region.  (Highest "rating" wins.)

Then someone suggested additional "types" of ratings for Regions (Not just M, A, G)

Then someone suggested something like "tags" - I like this the best so far, make it the Region owner's responsibility to select the appropriate "rating" for their Region using one of the new "tag-like" Ratings.  

ETA: I guess my point is, we don't know and people are getting pretty creative with suggestions!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JacksonBollock said:

As I think I mentioned before, I'm not particularly secretive about my SL in RL

None of the utter garbage about SL, that you have posted in ANY of your posts, suggests that you even HAVE an SL.

In fact more than once I've walked through these forums - and my postings - with a few people from work.

Hmmmm, so not only are you trying to convince us how "Intellectual and Superior" you are, you are trying to convince the poor saps who share an office with you too.

and reaction  - albeit anecdotal - is pretty much the same.

[ Snipped to remove boring "does not have an SL BS about SL garbage from you" }

Resignation that a once great idea has been relegated to a bad punchline.

And thee you go again with that reality hating pie-in-the-sky pipe dreamer nonsense about how SL *could* have been something it was never  intended to be, never could be, and never will be.

Let's be CRYSTAL clear here. 

LL was founded to develop gloves and boots etc., for use with VR goggles.  All those products failed, and the investors wanted to know when the company would actually start selling something, anything, and making money to repay the investor's investment.

So they tuned the test-bed software into an MMO.

Any other assumption about the "true idea behind and purpose of SL"  is just BS.

maybe we could come up with something other than the two options on the table so far.

And your "two options" claim is basically an insult to EVERYONE in SL.

I think we're all pretty aware of the real options on the table (not the 2 above thankfully), so we'll just wait and see.

So fa, the only hint of the vague idea that you claim to have for a "Better more Pseudo-Intellectual SL" seems to be your charity  giving 2nd hand whyPads to illiterate kids in Africa, as a replacement for schools, so they can teach themselves to read by staring really hard at thickapedia pages, before using Crypto-crap to spend their $1 a day wages when they grow up ( in some mythical land where crypto crap transactions don't come with a $150 - $3000 Blagchain transaction charge ), before they log into SL, and go to Frank's Jazz Club.

So far, your plan to "save SL" doesn't look too viable, I really don't see a "vast untapped new market" of illiterate kids from the 3rd world logging in via the MobilerLife Fail-App on 2nd hand whyPads, into G rated only areas, and making SL great again by spending their $1 a day wages via Crypto-Crap, on tipping the DJ at Frank's, instead of *wasting* it on "nonsense" like food and clothes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1