So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

K, just telling you, the Moles have already threatened to close the thread. Keeping it civil is within our best interest so trying to avoid unneeded slander, calling of names.

there hasn't been a threat to be closed as far i know, just a call to keep it to the point.
There never are threats, when there's a reason to close, it will be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Child vampires, drinking blood and converting adults / other children 

Only if it's clothed non-sexual vampirism, that Anne rice Spanking pron vampirism, or LKH Furry BDSM pron vampirism is off limits.

34 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Child Zombies, killing victims and consuming human flesh 

Extreme violence, no Clickbait allowed on A rated regions.

34 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Murder / vigilantism 

See above.

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Demon worship / summoning evil spirits

Only if the spirts and Demons are fully clothed, also, NO naked sacrificial virgins on the altars and the sacrifice must be symbolic, or else its A rated violence.

36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Attacking innocent people for enjoyment 

Welcome to the SSL Forums,  NO.

Unless...

If you are a minority trying to destroy SL for everyone else. Then it's fine

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

It always starts with an im, two people happen to connect, and they go do their thing.

Modesty panels and restricting children to certain sims won;'t stop that

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

there hasn't been a threat to be closed as far i know, just a call to keep it to the point.

Quartz Mole has posted that he would like to try to keep the thread open so avoid changes of topics.

• Haha 1

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

Quartz Mole has posted that he would like to try to keep the thread open so avoid changes of topics.

So the topic isn't about child exploitation and how to try and prevent it? I thought that was what the changes to the TOS are for?

18 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Second life is based in the U.S. it is not illegal here to like fictional characters, however I'm not justifying the actions of underA.P. Second Life is not trying to remove child avatars or use fear tactics to control the users behind them, or make them feel bad as a whole.

just so you are aware of that.

This forum is not about that, it's about the change of the ToS and about Modesty.

I am going to say it straight out: Bull. I have mentioned here before in this topic. The DSA (Digital Service Act) of the EU states clearly that depiction of CP/CA or imagery of CP/CA is not allowed on websites, social media, virtual worlds, even games. Failing to comply to the DSA puts you (company behind website, social media, virtual world, game) at risk of a massive fine, legal prosecution and/or in worst case being blocked of access from within the EU borders. Do you really think that LL is going to risk their marketshare from the European Union?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I am going to say it straight out: Bull. I have mentioned here before in this topic. The DSA (Digital Service Act) of the EU states clearly that depiction of CP/CA or imagery of CP/CA is not allowed on websites, social media, virtual worlds, even games. Failing to comply to the DSA puts you (company behind website, social media, virtual world, game) at risk of a massive fine, legal prosecution and/or in worst case being blocked of access from within the EU borders. Do you really think that LL is going to risk their marketshare from the European Union?

That's the E.U.

I said the U.S.

Just now, Dorientje Woller said:

well then, lets just ban child avis, but even that won't stop perverts from modding adult avis to play their fantasies out.

Only the innocent ones will ever be hurt by the changes, the guilty will carry on unconcerned and unimpared

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

92081478f148e2ce591d2ba616351ca3.png

He is clearly saying "I don't want to have to close the thread."

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

If a guy wants to make his avi 8 ft tall, even a normal sized avi will look like a child next to him, or on a poseball,

So how will these changes stop anything?

Note to self: no more sex with 8 ft tall guys

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

That's the E.U.

I said the U.S.

The EU doesn't care what the US thinks concerning their own laws, regulations, norms. Consider SL a product of LL, and in order to be on the market in the EU, that product has to comply to the laws, norms, regulations of the EU or otherwise it's not welcome. Just like chlorifided chickens aren't allowed to be imported in the EU, because they are harmful to the health.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 2

Just now, Dorientje Woller said:

The EU doesn't care what the US thinks concerning their own laws, regulations, norms. Consider SL a product of LL, and in order to be on the market in the EU, that product has to comply to the laws, norms, regulations of the EU or otherwise it's not welcome. Just like chlorifide chickens aren't allowed to be imported in the EU, because they are harmful to the health.

LL is based in America, Therefor, it follows American Rules. You can argue all you want.

It doesn't change anything. We already established and agreed to ban A.P. and now they child avatars are now censored,

and a lot of us want S.L to grow and have more people

so what are you arguing about?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I do not understand why you would need a modesty layer if you have no skin detailing for m/f anatomy. 

perhaps I do not understand the TOS but from what I do understand it is only to cover skins that have the anatomy already. 

It doesn't say that. It says kids need modesty panels. if that is the intention, LL needs to clarify the point. Personally, i think tinting the genital area a different color (especially just a different skin tone) "draws attention" to the genitals way more than the solid color with no anatomy details. I already saw one skin that was labeled "TOS compliant" that looked creepier to me than the non compliant ones. I also really would like clarification on the "transparent" part of the rule. I believe they mean partially showing  genital detailing, but it doesn't SAY that. I would also call alphas "transparent' so this is not clear enough at all. 

Edit: no idea why the other quotes where there. so i removed. 

Edited by Sydelle Zanzibar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

The EU doesn't care what the US thinks concerning their own laws, regulations, norms. Consider SL a product of LL, and in order to be on the market in the EU, that product has to comply to the laws, norms, regulations of the EU or otherwise it's not welcome. Just like chlorifided chickens aren't allowed to be imported in the EU, because they are harmful to the health.

Also, if you don't like American Laws, you don't have to play on anything American, just saying. If you cannot respect our Laws, you don't have to join in on anything that we created.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

LL is based in America, Therefor, it follows American Rules. You can argue all you want.

It doesn't change anything. We already established and agreed to ban A.P. and now they child avatars are now censored,

and a lot of us want S.L to grow and have more people

so what are you arguing about?

You seem to fail to understand the point. 

• Like 2

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

I presented you with evidence and fact about what was said.

you'r just being stubborn and don't admit you'r not behaving and reading as adult. Threats work with kids .. not with adults.

( i have some experience with being stubborn, don't worry, sometimes it will be exchanged with more reasonable things)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

You seem to fail to understand the point. 

No, I understand your point but the moment you said "The E.U don't give a damn about U.S. Laws" made me not give a damn about what you have to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

a lot of us want S.L to grow and have more people

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Also, if you don't like American Laws, you don't have to play on anything American, just saying. If you cannot respect our Laws, you don't have to join in on anything that we created.

Congratulations! By making SL a place where "foreign laws" are disrespected and driving off all the foreigners, you just got rid of about 60%+ of SL's population, to defend the "right" of 0.5% to be AR Clickbait.

That's a really good way to KILL off SL, not make it "grow and have more people".

Outstanding!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Congratulations! By making SL a place where "foreign laws" are disrespected and driving off all the foreigners, you just got rid of about 60%+ of SL's population, to defend the "right" of 0.5% to be AR Clickbait.

That's a really good way to KILL off SL, not make it "grow and have more people".

Outstanding!

I rarely agree with your points, but this is hitting the nail on the head.

• Like 2

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

you'r just being stubborn and don't admit you'r not behaving and reading as adult. Threats work with kids .. not with adults.

( i have some experience with being stubborn, don't worry, sometimes it will be exchanged with more reasonable things)

So if someone saw you in real life and threaten to shoot you or someone you know or someone close by in the face, you're saying that that's not only a threat and that it's only for kids?

If someone says "I'm going to report you, for fraud if you don't correct this." Is that not a threat?

If someone says "I'll wreck your business if this gets out" Is this not a threat?

"I'm going to call the police if you don't leave" is this not a threat?

"I'd hate that anything were to happen to such a nice person such as you." This not a threat? This is a vague threat.

Anyways, Quartz said he doesn't want to close the thread so keep on topic, that's all I said.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2