I decided to make my Second Life a tad bit easier. I disabled incoming IMs from "non-friends" for some of my accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried using a male avatar to avoid this issue but ended up receiving more messages (from females this time, rather than males) - which defeated the whole purpose lol.  

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, VanVox said:

I tried using a male avatar to avoid this issue but ended up receiving more messages (from females this time, rather than males) - which defeated the whole purpose lol.  

The same kind of messages, or did they seem different "in purpose"?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VanVox said:

They were quite forward and flirtatious

Is it just the fact that they made contact first that these woman were considered "forward and flirtatious"?

I reach out first all the time.  However, I am selective and don't send something to every guy in the region like I'm on a desperate fishing expedition.  A few times guys were suspicious about a friendly comment on their profile or something they were wearing.  That's okay. I'd rather know right away if I mistook a friendly profile for a friendly person. I hope guys don't completely give up on reaching out just because some people are suspicious, paranoid, or just mean.

I've noticed fewer and fewer people reaching out as my SL years have gone by.  I don't know if it's because of changing cultural ideas and angry mistrustful people or because I hang out in different places and do different things or just my avatars age that might be intimidating. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.