Linden homes content pack

Is there a way to get these other than renting the type of house you want the pack for?I have a treehouse, and saw at the Bellissaria event that someone decorated with ivy from the log homes pack(I think?) anyway they would be nice to have but don't want to give up my house to go claim one in each "theme"..

I was just trying to save the trouble of actually grabbing a home in each style and then abandoning it for the packs..

Edited by Amberyl Ethaniel
adding clarification

You'd actually have to go Premium Plus for one month, in order to get the content packs of the homes reserved for Premium Plus.

I have been thinking of doing just this. I figure it is worth the $30.00 to grab them all -- assuming that all types of homes that I don't yet have packs for are actually available.

ETA:  As of today, for the 2 Premium Plus styles, the Mediterranean is available, but there are not any Ranch homes available. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

47 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You'd actually have to go Premium Plus for one month, in order to get the content packs of the homes reserved for Premium Plus.

I have been thinking of doing just this. I figure it is worth the $30.00 to grab them all -- assuming that all types of homes that I don't yet have packs for are actually available.

ETA:  As of today, for the 2 Premium Plus styles, the Mediterranean is available, but there are not any Ranch homes available. 

I am Premium plus, and did grab a Mediterranean but decided it wasn't for me, but I have the pack.Might have the ranch pack as well. I was just trying to save the trouble of actually grabbing a home in each style and then abandoning it for the packs..

58 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Go premium on an alt for one month and grab all the content packs.

ETA:  You could add your vote to the request...

Mole Mart - Bellisseria Edition | Voters | Second Life

ah, this describes it "While some of these assets can be gotten of you own a particular Linden Home, you can only access the assets given by the home you have. Meaning that you have to abandon the Linden Home you may have fallen in love with, just to get a copy of assets from the other designs." bummer.

5 hours ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Is there a way to get these other than renting the type of house you want the pack for?I have a treehouse, and saw at the Bellissaria event that someone decorated with ivy from the log homes pack(I think?) anyway they would be nice to have but don't want to give up my house to go claim one in each "theme"..

There are better versions of ivy available than what you'll find in the Log home content pack - lower LI, more realistic and better LODs. I need to shut down my laptop as dinner is imminent, but will get back with some suggestions a bit later. (One that springs to mind is Fantasy Illumination.) Nothing is on sale at the moment, but it will still be a lot cheaper than a month's premium.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

There are better versions of ivy available than what you'll find in the Log home content pack - lower LI, more realistic and better LODs. I need to shut down my laptop as dinner is imminent, but will get back with some suggestions a bit later. (One that springs to mind is Fantasy Illumination.) Nothing is on sale at the moment, but it will still be a lot cheaper than a month's premium.

My biggest want on the content packs are the textures and home trim pieces so that add-ons match better.  I've only used a few of their plants/trees - usually because of the high LI

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My biggest want on the content packs are the textures and home trim pieces so that add-ons match better.  I've only used a few of their plants/trees - usually because of the high LI

Ah good point. Thanks! I just thought about that piece because that's what the designer at the belissaria event "model home" did on theirs and I liked the look

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks!I have premium plus anyway, but I didn't think they might be a high LI..

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The textures are transferable, so if one alt gets them, they can transfer them to your main account.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Thanks!I have premium plus anyway, but I didn't think they might be a high LI..

Well, I've had a look through my inventory and, for ivy in particular, the stores I'd recommend are Fantasy Illumination and Love Superstore. Unfortunately, you've missed a sale on Love's Manor Ivy pack by a couple of weeks ($50 for the set vs. the usual $299), but their English Wall Ivy pack may well be on sale in the next month or two (it's currently $250). I've been using the ivy from Fantasy Illumination - you can generally link two pieces and get away with only 1 LI, some pieces are large enought to cover a good stretch of wall, and the LODs are excellent. (The photo includes 3 pieces of Fantasy Illumination ivy - downsized a lot - and all that coverage uses only 2 LI.) Other places that have sales on ivy from time to time are Fallen NY and FINCA. One last good source is The Home Store, if you're willing and able to de-construct some of their set pieces.

ivyFI.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Well, I've had a look through my inventory and, for ivy in particular, the stores I'd recommend are Fantasy Illumination and Love Superstore. Unfortunately, you've missed a sale on Love's Manor Ivy pack by a couple of weeks ($50 for the set vs. the usual $299), but their English Wall Ivy pack may well be on sale in the next month or two (it's currently $250). I've been using the ivy from Fantasy Illumination - you can generally link two pieces and get away with only 1 LI, some pieces are large enought to cover a good stretch of wall, and the LODs are excellent. (The photo includes 3 pieces of Fantasy Illumination ivy - downsized a lot - and all that coverage uses only 2 LI.) Other places that have sales on ivy from time to time are Fallen NY and FINCA. One last good source is The Home Store, if you're willing and able to de-construct some of their set pieces.

ivyFI.jpg

Thank you, those are gorgeous and low LI to boot!I'll go take a peek at those shops.

• Like 1