Is there a way to show how low/high land could be terraformed before you buy it?

Diablo Lioncourt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Diablo Lioncourt changed the title to Is there a way to show how low/high land could be terraformed before you buy it?

Information regarding terraforming is nowhere to be found when you check the "About Land" tab, unfortunately. The only way to check how high/low a parcel can be terraformed is to contact the seller directly and ask them about it. It's likely that they won't know the answer, but even if they do, here is something I'd recommend:

image_2024-03-27_030918465.png.19cc85fc18583ae44456b7ef78be3fab.png

Ask them to temporarily enable that setting on the parcel for you, that way you can terraform as much as you want and check if that piece of land meets your expectations. Not everyone will be willing to do it, of course, but I've asked sellers to do this for me this several times before, after expressing my interest, and the answer was always "sure". People who don't have any buildings on the parcel are much more likely to agree to it, because then they have nothing to lose. 

That being said, there is one thing you can check on your own regarding terraforming, and it's pretty important even though it's nowhere to be seen on the "About Land" tab. Some regions (especially in Kama City, Horizons, Nautilus, but there are others too) don't allow any terraforming whatsoever. You can check if its allowed or not by visiting the parcel and trying to terraform on it. There are two possible results:

1) No terraforming allowed in the whole region:

nope.jpg.b2ffd4a5500edc84327c13043540b89e.jpg

2) Terraforming allowed in the region:

weirizi.jpg.288622433bcfac08542982357fcc6df6.jpg

I hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The only MAINLAND that I know about with "private island" terraforming are the OLD "color sims" like Umber where I lived for awhile. Regular mainland is something like 4 meters up or down from the default.  Aside from folks advertising that you can use advanced terraforming I haven't seen any way to tell.   I think the color sims (as well as private islands) are 20 meters up or down.   That is what is sticking in my mind anyway.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clem Marques said:

Wow, I had no clue this existed. Thanks a lot!

Most people don't, as estate level tools are only used by private estate managers or Lindens/Moles on the Mainland.

Water height's a fun one though,  at a club I worked for as a builder, they would hold "Waterworld Mer Parties" now and then, I'd raise the water height to just below the balcony in the club, and you'd have a vista of the tops of trees sticking out of the sea, while people used the mer dance ball in the club to float over the dance floor.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.