Second Life Beta not working?

SinouxBuild

hello everyone, since friday 16/01/2024 my beta grid has not been working.
The error I get when I try to log in is "Login failed. Unable to connect to a simulator"
I've uninstalled the viewer, installed it, cleared the cache... and nothing works.
I've opened a ticket but I've had no response.
Could someone help me with this?

Perhaps are you trying to a simulator which is down in Aditi.

Try and log in in Morris: type this sim name in the input line associated with the combo where you select ”My Home”/”My last location”.

If this fails, have a look at the viewer log to try and figure out what is going wrong (look for HTTP error messages, warnings, etc).

You could also try with a different viewer: sometimes, inventory issues can also cause this sort of failure. The Cool VL Viewer will get you logged in, even with a bad inventory, and once done you can, in the ”Inventory” floater use the ”Consolidate/restore system folders” feature in the ”Folder” menu to repair what is ”broken” (usually a missing system folder or on the contrary duplicate system folders). Then you should be able to log in again with your usual viewer.

If all these fail, file a support ticket.

In your viewer Preference settings, you should find a "Allow login to other grids" setting.  In Firestorm, its found in the Preferences > Advanced.

Without that setting enabled, you won't have a visible option on the login screen to select the Beta/Aditi grid when you next attempt a login.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

nothing, I have done everything, I have tried 3 different viewers in addition to the official LL one and nothing. Yesterday it worked perfectly for me. They have changed my IP, DNS, I have tried everything it says and absolutely nothing happens. 😭😭

3 hours ago, belindacarson said:

The other work around is to change your password <12 characters, and use the SL viewer to log in.

After that change your password to whatever you like.

Can you use alt keys for a symbol? Im afraid to try for making a new PW for it to make something Idk what is to log in - I use a 12+ letters and kb Shft keys currently but want to know if alt shortcuts will take - Thank you very much if anyone can answer

23 hours ago, belindacarson said:

The other work around is to change your password <12 characters

The limit for SL passwords is 16 characters, not 12. If you change your password, there will be a delay (up to 24 hours, IIRC) before it gets propagated to the SL beta grid (Aditi), so you won't be able to log in to Aditi with the new password before the change has propagated there...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

The limit for SL passwords is 16 characters, not 12. If you change your password, there will be a delay (up to 24 hours, IIRC) before it gets propagated to the SL beta grid (Aditi), so you won't be able to log in to Aditi with the new password before the change has propagated there...

It's what Support told me to do..........

On 2/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, Henri Beauchamp said:

Well, then they made a mistake...

No, they didn't..

They said to do this after sync didn't work....

I got into the Beta Grid.

Edited by belindacarson

I've noticed that the login server for the beta grid is much slower than the one for the main grid. In my own viewer I often get login timeouts on the beta grid in Sharpview, which currently only has a 5 second timer. If I get a login timeout, the next attempt to log in may succeed but will usually not connect to a region, probably because there's a partially complete login that has to time out.

So some beta grid problems may be beta grid login server overload.