Help on making my own AO

Ravin Clemenceau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi y’all, 

I’m considering making my own AO and am looking for advice on what things to prioritize, good stands, sits, runs etc to use and what to stash all the components of the AO in. I’ll probably go with a bunch of Jason body language/. MOVE stands, etc, but I am open to suggestions.

ps- I have no idea what or how to do this

Thanks all ;)

Ravin C. (mwah!)

Edited by Ravin Clemenceau
Derp

Learn how link_message works and then you can use ZHAO II as a starting point

Edit: but honestly you might just want to use a real AO hud as a base if you're not a scripter, and then just change out the animations.

Edited by lovestofu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ravin Clemenceau said:

Hi y’all, 

I’m considering making my own AO and am looking for advice on what things to prioritize, good stands, sits, runs etc to use and what to stash all the components of the AO in. I’ll probably go with a bunch of Jason body language/. MOVE stands, etc, but I am open to suggestions.

ps- I have no idea what or how to do this

Thanks all ;)

Ravin C. (mwah!)

If you're using Firestorm viewer, it has a built-in AO.  No notecards required.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/animation_overrider

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you're using Firestorm viewer, it has a built-in AO.  No notecards required.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/animation_overrider

Agreed that is an easy way and I used it for years BUT the latest FS even after the rerelease has some major AO issues (like you can't WALK you just GLIDE so I am using the base AO that I had previously customized for that. 

Along the way and on another note --- Not all animations start from the same "resting pose" so if you use different animations from different makers you will likely get some nasty glitches and hiccups.  Just a warning :D. 

On 2/18/2024 at 6:42 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Agreed that is an easy way and I used it for years BUT the latest FS even after the rerelease has some major AO issues (like you can't WALK you just GLIDE so I am using the base AO that I had previously customized for that. 

Along the way and on another note --- Not all animations start from the same "resting pose" so if you use different animations from different makers you will likely get some nasty glitches and hiccups.  Just a warning :D. 

When you find your avatar gliding you have an AO conflict or an animation is not loading.

The Firestorm AO works well UNTIL... you have a second AO attached, its on/off state makes no difference, or some other attachment that adds animation.

When troubleshooting you need to know if only you see the avatar glide or is everyone see the avatar glide.

16 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When you find your avatar gliding you have an AO conflict or an animation is not loading.

The Firestorm AO works well UNTIL... you have a second AO attached, its on/off state makes no difference, or some other attachment that adds animation.

When troubleshooting you need to know if only you see the avatar glide or is everyone see the avatar glide.

Unfortunately NOT my experience. I hadn't used an attached AO since the FS was included (what -- 8 years ago?) so that was not the issue. FS reported this issue and recalled the "latest" version and then put the fixed one up. Unfortunately that did NOT work for me.  Likely it worked for some folks or they wouldn't have called it fixed.  I am just waiting for the next update. Not a huge deal.  

I use official viewer and an old ZHAO-II AO HUD. 

I DO see it still "not change animations" sometimes (but only under certain types of lag).

One of these days, I'll write a normal AO that uses the now-11-years-old function llSetAnimationOverride()!

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I use official viewer and an old ZHAO-II AO HUD. 

I DO see it still "not change animations" sometimes (but only under certain types of lag).

One of these days, I'll write a normal AO that uses the now-11-years-old function llSetAnimationOverride()!

So.... eleven years plus of getting around to...  🤭

I'm not seeing any of the issues described here using the FS AO either with the release or the beta versions and I only use the FS AO of which I have about twenty different sets to swap between and frequently do as I use it also for my dancing AO and special purpose animation sets.

Even on the laggiest regions and on an old and crappy (by today's standards) computer I recently tried, the FS AO never did the gliding with a frozen anim as described here.

I've never seen it conflict with other items that also animate, though obviously the anims themselves can override each other depending on their priority.  I even keep the FS AO on when shopping for new anims.  In the early days it was common to have to disable it when doing that but hasn't been for a long time from my own experience.

With that in mind, I suggest that the issues experienced here must be specific to the circumstances of those experiencing them somehow and not typical.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.