Land Use Fee Question

Vera Biedermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, they don't prorate. Do you have a group that you can use to buy the land (using the "buy land for group") option? If you have a group own the land, you get a 10% land allowance bonus, which would help you stay at that lower price level.

• Like 2

Yeah, it may be worth a peek at https://secondlife.com/my/land/landfees.php to make sure you understand what's going on here. If the 8256 m² parcel is the only land you own (no Linden Home or anything), that US $31 monthly fee should buy a Premium subscriber 9216 m² total (8192 + 1024 Premium bonus) or 8704 m² with a Plus subscriber's 512 bonus, or 10,220 m² with the 2048 bonus of a Premium Plus subscriber.

Then, in addition to this bonus free tier that @Rowan Amore points out, there can be that additional 10% bonus for group-deeded land that @Sylvia Tamalyn mentioned. A Linden Home parcel can't be deeded, but other Mainland can, and it's just a matter of forming a group with an alt in Owner role and deeding the land to that group. Doing both of these things will result in a substantial balance of additional Mainland and/or Linden Home you can own without paying additional tier.

• Like 1

@Qie Niangao Answered it perfectly.

10 hours ago, Vera Biedermann said:

I went through with the purchase and am only paying $31.00 monthly land use fee, so apparently they are waiving the 64 m. Whew!

However, I'd also like to add that LL does not waive anything when it comes to land. If you go even as little as 1 square meter above the land tier, you will be charged for the next (higher) tier. So be careful. 

• Like 6

I’ve mentioned this before, but if you want to buy some land that is slightly over paid tier plus free allowance plus the 10% group bonus, contact the seller and ask them to cut off the excess and sell you the part you want for the original selling price.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.