Valentine's Day Shop and Hop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heyla and good evening!

I didn't know where else to post this question, so I decided to post here. I applied for the shop and hop event about a few days before the application deadline. I've been waiting for word one way or another whether or not I get to participate. Who do I contact to make certain of my status in the event?

Thank you!

KeeperS Karu

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KeeperS Karu said:

Heyla and good evening!

I didn't know where else to post this question, so I decided to post here. I applied for the shop and hop event about a few days before the application deadline. I've been waiting for word one way or another whether or not I get to participate. Who do I contact to make certain of my status in the event?

Thank you!

KeeperS Karu

Hey,

I applied for it as well and got no response.

Since the post announcing the Valentines Day Shop n Hop said they would contact the people who have been chosen in early January, it's probably safe to assume that if no one reached out via e-mail (the one used to fill out the application form), participation in the event was denied. I could be wrong about this, but I am fairly certain that's the case since January is practically over.

Not sure who could be contacted about this. It might be too late either way, considering that the Shop & Hop opens on the 1st of February.

Quote: "We will notify successful applicants in early January."

Edited by Clem Marques
Added a link to the announcement
  • Thanks 1

Valentines Shop and Hop (as well as Halloween) are much smaller so fewer folks taken. You  have a better chance in the birthday one in June.  It tells you in the application that you will ONLY be notified if you are accepted. Lots of folks aren't.  There is a slight possibility that you might be asked to "fill in" for someone that didn't show up. I am not sure if the fill in folks get contacted ahead of time or only at the last minute.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

Hey,

I applied for it as well and got no response.

Since the post announcing the Valentines Day Shop n Hop said they would contact the people who have been chosen in early January, it's probably safe to assume that if no one reached out via e-mail (the one used to fill out the application form), participation in the event was denied. I could be wrong about this, but I am fairly certain that's the case since January is practically over.

Not sure who could be contacted about this. It might be too late either way, considering that the Shop & Hop opens on the 1st of February.

Quote: "We will notify successful applicants in early January."

Does not being notified imply one is not a "successful applicant"?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does not being notified imply one is not a "successful applicant"?

As far as I know, yes. They specified that they would contact successful applicants, but said nothing about contacting unsuccessful applicants. So it's safe to assume that, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One could always have contacted one of the Moles who are in the lead of the Shop & Hop organization if there has been a hick up or something. Or ask for an explanation about why one wasn't approved. One can learn from that.
At least that is what I would have done.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

One could always have contacted one of the Moles who are in the lead of the Shop & Hop organization if there has been a hick up or something. Or ask for an explanation about why one wasn't approved. One can learn from that.

Agreed.

Another thing to consider is that in the announcement they specifically said they want to highlight stores that have items for Senra avatars, and that "Special consideration will be given to Senra designers when applications are being reviewed." So not having anything in that category might have been a disadvantage to some creators on the Shop & Hop applications.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 4

Ah. I don't know anything about the Moles or who's in charge of the shop and hop organization. But yeah. I guess it's safe to say that I wasn't a successful applicant. I returned to SL in November and only just learned about the Senra bodies. I've still yet to hear about getting ahold of the devkit.

• Like 1

Is there maybe a problem with LL mails on your side?
The wrong mail address or the mail from Linden Lab ending up in your spam\junk mail section automatically. Happened to me too in the past.

But I guess it is too late already by now for this event. Setup time for the shops ends tomorrow.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

I've never been emailed directly about the shop and hops. The acceptances are sent by IM along with a group invite. So make sure you log in to clear messages to avoid capping and that offline messages are set to go to email. If you hear nothing, that's a no.

I would not contact to ask for a personal rejection. Most times, it's not personal. It's just balancing the whole thing, like having a range of product types, mixing new and returning people, and stuff like that. It's not like a smaller community event where acceptance is pretty much guaranteed for people who've done it before. It's spread around more, so you never really know. I've been accepted for some and rejected for some.

The birthday round is the biggest, so do try for that.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.