Changing name

Lisa Dabney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Legacy last names are no longer available.  This was all covered when LL started the new last name program.  If you really want the same last name as your partner, they would need to change as well.  Also take into consideration that name combos may not always be available if you plan to keep the same first name.

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/4114-now-available-last-names-in-second-life/

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lisa Dabney said:

If I am paying $50.00 to change my name, why can't I pick my own new last name?  It is a current sl last name.  It is the last name of my partner

Because LL makes the rules and that is what they decided.

3 minutes ago, Lisa Dabney said:

Can I choose to not have a last name?  Then I could have the last name I want as part of my new first name?

Yes - one of the options when you go through the process is no last name (or 'Resident' actually, since that is the true default)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lisa Dabney said:

If I am paying $50.00 to change my name, why can't I pick my own new last name?  It is a current sl last name.  It is the last name of my partner

If the name is not available, you always can choose for a display name, + about this?... it's free and not limited to a list of names that are taken already

On 12/23/2023 at 11:14 PM, Lisa Dabney said:

I have done that.  Changing the SL name is liike starting fresh, but with all my inventory.

Not really. People that know you by the old name will know you changed it if they have your calling card in their inventory. So completely changing your name doesn't hide who you used to be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.