If It's Phantom and Invisible...

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

does it really exist?

There are various threads bemoaning how residents rezz their crap into waterways and roadways, thus impeding the passage of travellers.

I have a new parcel beside a LL waterway. I have rezzed out a giant floatie (linked to a prim on my land). It's set as phantom, and when I'm not there its also set to invisible. It has zero effect on people passing by. So, is that a problem?

Should a mole return it if by a slim chance they find it?

toobierezz10.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed a word, changed a pronoun to be gender inclusive, added picture

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

if it does get returned it will be by a Land Linden employee

and yes, a Land Linden will most likely  return it if it gets abuse reported by a vehicle user on the waterway

One thing to improve the odds is to set the object's click action to "Ignore" (not the same as "None") to make it less likely to get in the way of the mouse cursor of neighbors and passersby. The newest (PBR) viewers (Linden and Firestorm anyway) have this right in the Build Tool, otherwise it's llSetClickAction CLICK_ACTION_IGNORE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elleevelyn said:

if it does get returned it will be by a Land Linden employee

and yes, a Land Linden will most likely  return it if it gets abuse reported by a vehicle user on the waterway

its phantom and invisible, you cant see it, and it won’t impede your movement.

I could just as easily rezz it on my property, sit on it and edit it out into the middle of the channel.

For that matter i could rezz a yacht, sit on it and edit it into the waterway.

😂

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

its phantom and invisible, you cant see it, and it won’t impede your movement.

I could just as easily rezz it on my property, sit on it and edit it out into the middle of the channel.

For that matter i could rezz a yacht, sit on it and edit it into the waterway.

😂

it doesn't matter what we think, only thing that matters is what the Land Linden thinks

one time i was sitting on my box motobike and editing it on the Linden highway. A Land Linden popped up and asked me what I was doing. I said I was working on my bike. Land Linden told me that's what we provide sandboxes for. I went: nobody is here and I am not hurting anyone. Land Linden said I am not Nobody, move it missy!  I thought: what a meanie! but i did move it 

another time in the way way back, when I had no land I was regular rezzing a prim at  Stillman Bazaar and whizzing up in the sky to get changed. Bazaar Linden spotted me one day and told me off. Another meanie!! I never said nothing as I didn't want her to maybe recognise me as one of the gang who were putting squat builds on her Neighbour Lindens' parcels in the Linden Village :D

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

it doesn't matter what we think, only thing that matters is what the Land Linden thinks

one time i was sitting on my box motobike and editing it on the Linden highway. A Land Linden popped up and asked me what I was doing. I said I was working on my bike. Land Linden told me that's what we provide sandboxes for. I went: nobody is here and I am not hurting anyone. Land Linden said I am not Nobody, move it missy!  I thought: what a meanie! but i did move it 

another time in the way way back, when I had no land I was regular rezzing a prim at  Stillman Bazaar and whizzing up in the sky to get changed. Bazaar Linden spotted me one day and told me off. Another meanie!! I never said nothing as I didn't want her to maybe recognise me as one of the gang who were putting squat builds on her Neighbour Lindens' parcels in the Linden Village :D

Nothing good ever happens when a Linden shows up, unless they are there to fulfill your land parcel request 😁

51 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Nothing good ever happens when a Linden shows up, unless they are there to fulfill your land parcel request 😁

when I have had mainland I always had a pretty good response to my tickets

like one time Land Linden set for sale to me a 16m and a 32m parcel  neither of which were adjacent to each other or to my parcel as I wanted to have a group 560m prim count. Which I asked for in my ticket. I also said in ticket that if I ever let my parcel go I would abandon the two micro-parcels.  I didn't expect Land Linden to give me, but they did

another time I requested a 96m not adjacent to my 1024m parcel to bring it up to group 1160m. Land Linden gave me that one as welll

when the Belli trailers came online, I cut down my then 1024 mainland to a 560m and abandoned the L-shape cutoff. Sometime later I gave up my trailer and request the L-shape back. Land Linden gave that back to me as well (by gave I mean set it for sale to me)

and way way back about 2007, I bought a 512m by a Linden road. The next region over was a private owned battle arena. People used to go there to play shooters. And like how these things go, bullets and missiles with particles and screamers would spill over into our region

back in those days, heaps of new people who didn't know much about how to set up their parcels. So auto-return not set on many parcels. Or worse some would set No Object Entry while the neighbour parcel was Allow Object Entry and Auto-Return Off. Walls and walls of bullet clutter. If think that skyboxes today are clutter, they have nothing on battle garbage and newbie builder clutter - Trees, houses upside down in the sky, cars, aeroplanes stuck all over the place, boats and ships even, and random plywood all over. Heaps and heaps of random plywood. nd never mind all the griefing tower builds. My region was a total shambles. Same as many others back in those times

anyways, a massive rotating, full-glow, rotating, particle spewer bomb end up on my neighbour's parcel. My neighbour had tried to make a home. They had rezzed a little house then had tried to format the terrain. Sunk the whole parcel they did, and then gave up. So this little house is sitting there in mid air.  After a few weeks of them no show,  as their land was Autoreturn Off I built a stilt base for their house to sit on with steps down to a dock on the now water. Prettied it all up with plants and fllowers, stuck some ducks and fish in their now pond

i had put in a ticket about the screamer. Then one day not much later I log in and all my stuff on the neighbour's parcel been returned. And the screamer gone. Not returned by the neighbour who was still a no login no-show. Returned  by a Land Linden. Who had also reverted the neighbour parcel and then terraformed it to fit the neighbour's parcels including mine.  And I thought: that's a really Nice Linden to do that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

when I have had mainland I always had a pretty good response to my tickets

like one time Land Linden set for sale to me a 16m and a 32m parcel  neither of which were adjacent to each other or to my parcel as I wanted to have a group 560m prim count. Which I asked for in my ticket. I also said in ticket that if I ever let my parcel go I would abandon the two micro-parcels.  I didn't expect Land Linden to give me, but they did

another time I requested a 96m not adjacent to my 1024m parcel to bring it up to group 1160m. Land Linden gave me that one as welll

when the Belli trailers came online, I cut down my then 1024 mainland to a 560m and abandoned the L-shape cutoff. Sometime later I gave up my trailer and request the L-shape back. Land Linden gave that back to me as well (by gave I mean set it for sale to me)

and way way back about 2007, I bought a 512m by a Linden road. The next region over was a private owned battle arena. People used to go there to play shooters. And like how these things go, bullets and missiles with particles and screamers would spill over into our region

back in those days, heaps of new people who didn't know much about how to set up their parcels. So auto-return not set on many parcels. Or worse some would set No Object Entry while the neighbour parcel was Allow Object Entry and Auto-Return Off. Walls and walls of bullet clutter. If think that skyboxes today are clutter, they have nothing on battle garbage and newbie builder clutter - Trees, houses upside down in the sky, cars, aeroplanes stuck all over the place, boats and ships even, and random plywood all over. Heaps and heaps of random plywood. nd never mind all the griefing tower builds. My region was a total shambles. Same as many others back in those times

anyways, a massive rotating, full-glow, rotating, particle spewer bomb end up on my neighbour's parcel. My neighbour had tried to make a home. They had rezzed a little house then had tried to format the terrain. Sunk the whole parcel they did, and then gave up. So this little house is sitting there in mid air.  After a few weeks of them no show,  as their land was Autoreturn Off I built a stilt base for their house to sit on with steps down to a dock on the now water. Prettied it all up with plants and fllowers, stuck some ducks and fish in their now pond

i had put in a ticket about the screamer. Then one day not much later I log in and all my stuff on the neighbour's parcel been returned. And the screamer gone. Not returned by the neighbour who was still a no login no-show. Returned  by a Land Linden. Who had also reverted the neighbour parcel and then terraformed it to fit the neighbour's parcels including mine.  And I thought: that's a really Nice Linden to do that

You bring up a good point about the micro parcels. All of them, no matter how small, represent unused prims. If a person owns for example, a 4096, if they deeded it to group, they could put in a ticket for the various abandoned micro parcels on their sim, up to 409 sqm

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You bring up a good point about the micro parcels. All of them, no matter how small, represent unused prims. If a person owns for example, a 4096, if they deeded it to group, they could put in a ticket for the various abandoned micro parcels on their sim, up to 409 sqm

yes. As I mention tho, whenever I have requested not-adjacent micro-parcels to bring up to group prim count, I have always said that should I giveup/sell the main parcel then I would abandon the not-adjacent micro-parcels back to Linden. And I am pretty sure that because I said this in my ticket  Land Linden set them to me to have

1 hour ago, elleevelyn said:

yes. As I mention tho, whenever I have requested not-adjacent micro-parcels to bring up to group prim count, I have always said that should I giveup/sell the main parcel then I would abandon the not-adjacent micro-parcels back to Linden. And I am pretty sure that because I said this in my ticket  Land Linden set them to me to have

yes you flip them, they might not be so willing to sell you more next time

On 12/2/2023 at 5:34 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I placed a mesh tunnel going onto the street once, and the object was later returned by Linden Governance and I was issued a warning. No visible part of the object was outside my parcel, and I was confused when it came back. It had to have been creating an "invisible wall" in the sidewalk or road unbeknownst to me with a "physics prim" I hadn't noticed in edit, or something like that.

I don't see how someone could be annoyed enough to complain if its phantom, but you never know. There are some crazy people in SL:)

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt

19 minutes ago, Diablo Lioncourt said:

I placed a mesh tunnel going onto the street once, and the object was later returned by Linden Governance and I was issued a warning. No visible part of the object was outside my parcel, and I was confused when it came back. It had to have been creating an "invisible wall" in the sidewalk or road unbeknownst to me with a "physics prim" I hadn't noticed in edit, or something like that.

I don't see how someone could be annoyed enough to complain if its phantom, but you never know. There are some crazy people in SL:)

Phantom AND invisible.

Crazy people? There are a few people in these forums that would take the trouble to go find my place just to report it.

Maybe not crazy, but certainly petty and vindictive. 

😂

The larger question is what kind of tortured soul needs to inflict mischief like this on others, merely to take glee in others' misfortune. Most people don't feel the need to root a floatie on their land and put it out in the middle of Linden water and then impishly tell everyone that it is on phantom and invisible. They stay on their land. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

The larger question is what kind of tortured soul needs to inflict mischief like this on others, merely to take glee in others' misfortune. Most people don't feel the need to root a floatie on their land and put it out in the middle of Linden water and then impishly tell everyone that it is on phantom and invisible. They stay on their land. 

stay on their land? are you suggesting that people shouldnt rezz boats and sail the waterways?

it not out in the middle, and even if it was, it cant be seen and cant impede traffic, so its basically like its not even there.

Besides, the parcel is 16 sqm, the tower is 16 sqm, if i wanna float on my floatie it HAS to be out in the channel 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff, then added more stuff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

yes, but will it rezz in the channel?

is rezzed on your land then moved to the public land. On mainland it can be moved to the public right-of-way without sitting on it because Object Entry is allowed.  On Bellissaria we have to sit then move it as Belli disallows Object Entry

this is a pretty common method for launching vehicles from our parcel to the nearest public right-of-way

Edited by elleevelyn

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You don't see it as cute? I somehow do. LOL

Not saying I'd do it myself, but it makes me chuckle.

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 6:10 AM, Diablo Lioncourt said:

probably the same crazy ones who return other peoples' phantom stuff that encroach on their parcels

being a card-carrying virtual commie I am outrageous when Linden return my stuff from the public commons. And when I go to lots of effort to hide my stuff on the public commons then I am even more outrageous. How dare they !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 12:32 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Phantom AND invisible.

Crazy people? There are a few people in these forums that would take the trouble to go find my place just to report it.

Maybe not crazy, but certainly petty and vindictive. 

😂

16 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

it has no impact, unless of course its causing lag

I'd return it anyway, because that's just me.

I even return sculpted prims if the invisible bounding box encroaches on my land.

Yes I'm that neighbor.

But on the other hand, I take great care to ensure nothing of mine encroaches on someone elses land.

Something else you can do is rezz a giant cube the exact dimensions of your parcel and tall enough to match the height of their surround, then send it up to 2000 M. Your neighbor shouldn't mind, because the cube is on YOUR property.

In fact I'll come over and do it for you if you like 😂

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

is rezzed on your land then moved to the public land. On mainland it can be moved to the public right-of-way without sitting on it because Object Entry is allowed.  On Bellissaria we have to sit then move it as Belli disallows Object Entry

Most of Zindra also disallows Object Entry on Linden land, excepting a few regions near the center of Kama City.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.