Has anyone facing the struggle to exchanged the weak currencies to USD?

3333Shawn3333

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just bought linden yesterday, but I have thought about the currency exchange. Every time I decided to buy lindens, and I am always stressing because of my country currency is weak. 

For example, $22.75 to MYR 106.94 = L$4800 

I wonder those people who living in the country with weak currency. Do you guys care or not?

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

The Korean won is very weak now. I usually buy 10,000L a month, so I can see it on my card going up slowly. It's now at 66,000won a month for me. 

Wow 10,000L is a lot for one time purchasing. To me, I have to earn money and then buy 3000L in two months. It kinda sucks to living in the weak currency country, tho :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

Wow 10,000L is a lot for one time purchasing. To me, I have to earn money and then buy 3000L in two months. It kinda sucks to living in the weak currency country, tho :(

Well, on the bright side, if you dj and host in sl, you may be able to have a nice little side gig to supplement you in rl. A friend of mine makes 25,000L a month djing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3333Shawn3333 said:

For what it's worth, buying in large quantities is cheaper. Every time you buy, you have to pay a flat fee regardless of how little you buy.

Instead of buying 3000L after 2 months, you could buy 6000L after 4 months and save the fee. Sounds like it could make a significant difference for weak currency.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

For what it's worth, buying in large quantities is cheaper. Every time you buy, you have to pay a flat fee regardless of how little you buy.

Instead of buying 3000L after 2 months, you could buy 6000L after 4 months and save the fee. Sounds like it could make a significant difference for weak currency.

is that right? as far i know these are the current fees for buying:

10.00% transaction fee with a minimum of US$ 1.49 and a maximum of US$ 14.99 per transaction.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

is that right? as far i know these are the current fees for buying:

10.00% transaction fee with a minimum of US$ 1.49 and a maximum of US$ 14.99 per transaction.

Oh yeah, you're right. They replaced the flat fee with a sliding scale in 2021. That changes things a little bit, but buying more is still cheaper than buying less.. or I should say more economically efficient.

If you buy 3700L right now, your fee is $1.50 (10% of total cost)
If you buy 2000L right now, your fee is $1.49 (16% of total cost)

Although the second option costs less money overall, you're also paying for nothing. To save money in the long run, you'll always want to buy at least $15 USD's worth of lindens so you match that minimum fee, even if that means waiting longer between purchases.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.