griefing from group moderators

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi has anyone had grief from group moderators, as i have , i was taken out of chat just for asking a reasonable question, about the release of a well known body and because of my disability in rl i was taken out of chat , and in a im to me said that i wanted everything for free and kept asking the question, this was not my fault as i dont understand sometimes, she would not reply why she did it, but another group mod and shop owner came to my rescue and put it right  im not going to mention names but its very well known body group there so people can ask questions has anyone else had this happen and what should be done about it it nearly put me off buying the product again i have plenty of cash and never had anything for free i had to work hard could this be deemed as discrimination , against disability or defamation of character your thought s please

• Like 2

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

hi has anyone had grief from group moderators, as i have , i was taken out of chat just for asking a reasonable question, about the release of a well known body and because of my disability in rl i was taken out of chat , and in a im to me said that i wanted everything for free and kept asking the question, this was not my fault as i dont understand sometimes, she would not reply why she did it, but another group mod and shop owner came to my rescue and put it right  im not going to mention names but its very well known body group there so people can ask questions has anyone else had this happen and what should be done about it it nearly put me off buying the product again i have plenty of cash and never had anything for free i had to work hard could this be deemed as discrimination , against disability or defamation of character your thought s please

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

some people find it funny to troll a disabled person i dont

That's simply an invalid assumption on your part.

#1 - There was nothing in my post to indicate it had anything to do with you being disabled.

#2 - My post was because your post simply has the potential to result in a horrid thread gone wrong and might provide plenty of drama for watching.

Side note:  You automatically assuming that others do something just because you are disabled is just as wrong as the folks that do do something simply because you are disabled. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

i was taken out of chat just for asking a reasonable question

51 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

and because of my disability in rl i was taken out of chat

There's no mention of any disabilities in your profile. The amount of details you've left out are a little telling that there's more to this than you let on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, velvetgurl said:

it nearly put me off buying the product again 

"Nearly" ?

You asked for our thoughts, and my immediate reaction is: if whatever happened wasn't even serious enough to stop buying the product associated with that group chat, it can't be all that serious anyway.

Certainly it may be irrational to actually stop buying the product: the group chat moderation doesn't necessarily reflect the position of the product owners. In fact, you mentioned the shop owner was among those who came to your defense.

And now that I think about it, that action by the shop owner is already a kind of happy ending, isn't it?

• Like 2

On 11/22/2023 at 11:49 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There's no mention of any disabilities in your profile. The amount of details you've left out are a little telling that there's more to this than you let on.

i dont have to mention anything in my profile thats my porogative

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 7:56 AM, Qie Niangao said:

"Nearly" ?

You asked for our thoughts, and my immediate reaction is: if whatever happened wasn't even serious enough to stop buying the product associated with that group chat, it can't be all that serious anyway.

Certainly it may be irrational to actually stop buying the product: the group chat moderation doesn't necessarily reflect the position of the product owners. In fact, you mentioned the shop owner was among those who came to your defense.

And now that I think about it, that action by the shop owner is already a kind of happy ending, isn't it?

yes i suppose  so 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

i dont have to mention anything in my profile thats my porogative

So then you ASSUMED they took you out of chat for a disability not mentioned?  How would they know you have a disability?  Did you tell them?  A lot of people without a RL disability don't understand things.  

On 11/22/2023 at 5:50 PM, velvetgurl said:

i was taken out of chat just for asking a reasonable question, about the release of a well known body and because of my disability in rl i was taken out of chat

• Like 3

I know some lara support groups don't want people asking. I heard this recently in a freebie group about these other groups that had a problem with spam and trolls why they don't like people asking but in your case you not know. You have to get hold of the main owner and tell them you did not know if you just came back to sl things have changed. if  does  not work out go to other groups or use alt for the group just know not to say anything just use the notices to look up things. 

But a group to ask for help or to find things is(SL frees & offers)  , (Fabulously Free in SL).

I am not sure if Lara body has a discord but see if you find one where you talk freely but try to read the fine print some groups on sl have got strict ya but with all the trolls it happens just stick with that you can. Other body's store groups are free to even talk. Maybe lara support groups need to put a link to faq's to make it fair at least give people a chance. 

Also Being in second life not everyone will know your situation but the Mod should tell you in private message hey you can't ask this here but here the info instead of just banning you from the group. The owner of the group can only do something about it if the owner knows what going on they will talk to the mod the mod might be getting away with things not following the rules themself you gotta give people chances in life and people going to ask for things not like they asking for money like some the problems we see at times.   

Edited by ShaydraPromise
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2023 at 5:50 PM, velvetgurl said:

There are some mean people on these group chat message boards .They are fan boys or fan girls and hang around to say things like " hugs" to other group members and gush about how wonderful the store's items for sale are. They will not allow you to have a complaint or they will gang up on you like a mob and attack. Even  group members who claim to be store owners themselves and who should behave professionally, will sometimes get into the act if they are .on there .l  was surprised when you described how the moderator was behaving ,since that person is supposed to keep things friendly and polite. You have nothing to apologize for, if I was the store owner I would not appreciate a customer being treated rudely . Glad  they made things right and stuck up for you I have been attacked by some people on those types of group boards before . It is things like that can make me consider taking a break from this game. And at times I have, but not everyone acts like those people in this game.This forum has nice people to discuss things with . In future you can send a notecard with your questions directly to the sales customer service of a store. Avoid the message boards.  

Edited by Elinah Iredell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.