Where does one find vendor spaces?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are a few malls with rentals around, but I don't know if people actually go to malls in-world anymore. You can set up a small shop pretty easy by renting land (just make sure it allows commercial use).

Depends on the type of creations, I suppose. If by 'test-drive' you mean vehicles I can think of a few things you could try. If you mean clothes or such .. Set up a Blogotex, get a few bloggers, perhaps. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Victoria Coppola said:

Also, if you don't have a regular friend group but you would like people to test-drive your creations, where do you go? Are there any groups created for this purpose?

In my experience, there's no dedicated group of product testers. However don't underestimate the reach of your social networks. You might not have a regular friend group to test stuff but you might know someone that does.

Failing that you can check out the Wanted Forum but depending on how much testing you're looking at, you might need to talk compensation. As for places where you can test: There are plenty of sandboxes to try things at.

• Like 1

I agree that most folks seem to shop at events or Marketplace these days but it is still good to have a little shop to link to the Marketplace.   I go touring for shops every now and then even though I don't need one. 

This is a nice place with reasonable rent and the best I have found lately.

image.thumb.png.c017a60f3eb61b3c119dc6ec97b82e96.png

Mainland.    

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Diablerets/103/231/95

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Victoria Coppola said:

Hey all! 

Just wondering....where do you find places to sell your things?

Also, if you don't have a regular friend group but you would like people to test-drive your creations, where do you go? Are there any groups created for this purpose?

There's a big mall in the sim called Timescape on the Corscia continent, I love the name and I have a little spot there. The rent is cheap, $50/week for 25 prims I think. Look on the map, you'll find it.

I believe in having an inworld presence, yes.

It's rare I see any nicely-maintained malls with reasonable rates open to anyone, these days, of course with some rules. I used to maintain more of them but ditched quite a few because it's true people go either on the Marketplace, or if they are super talented, are in the main events like Access or Collabor88 or whatever. But there should be openings for new and amateur and less talented folks, too, that would make for a diverse economy.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Victoria Coppola said:

By test-drive i just mean trying on make-up related products. Nothing crazy, but I only have a lelutka head and would need to make sure it looks good on other heads or skins. Thanks guys for the help! Much appreciated! 

If you want to sell make-up for other brands besides Lelutka, you might want to keep an eye out for head give aways or sales. With Black Friday just around the corner, it's a really good time to shop. I'm not sure if any of the other brands have limited accessibility when trying their demos, for instance appliers not working on a demo or not, but it wouldn't hurt to check that possibility as well. 

I've made quite a bit of makeup through the years for the various heads I've own. I've even sold a few along the way. I can tell you from my experience that the heads have varied enough that what I made for one head brand didn't quite look right on another head brand. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.