Product Marked As Spam

Luther Weymann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

why are we hung up on the circumstances of the reports?

Because I was focusing on a human being with a problem, and not on being right.

You won in terms of showing him what was right...but you lost him....so ultimately you lost.

Good customer support focuses on a good outcome, and not just showing the customer who is right.  And strangely, when you are able to do this well, the customer does see you are right and accepts it.  Win-Win

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Luther Weymann said:

But to the five people who have sent me hate IMs telling me I was a cheater and they are happy I'm gone and I got what I deserved, you need to grow a conscience, which for some people will never happen. I never intentionally cheated; I just never knew, and I've never taken the time to reread the rules since long ago.

When people point fingers at another they are temporarily relieved of feeling how bad they feel about themselves -- for that brief moment you are the bad one and they feel like the good one.  Let's hope (I'm sending out vibes for them) that one day they find a way to feel better about themselves that doesn't involve attempting to harm another.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When people point fingers at another they are temporarily relieved of feeling how bad they feel about themselves

I know, right? Just like people blaming Forumites - without evidence - for items being removed from the Marketplace due to Spam!

It's the same Gol' Darn thang!

Funny, I mean as in, "funny ha ha" how these things are "universal"!

Karma is cool!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
46 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

When people point fingers at another they are temporarily relieved of feeling how bad they feel about themselves

I know, right? Just like people blaming Forumites - without evidence - for items being removed from the Marketplace due to Spam!

It's the same Gol' Darn thang!

Funny, I mean as in, "funny ha ha" how these things are "universal"!

Karma is cool!

It was forumites.

Just like it was 5 forumites who messaged him telling him he was wrong, that he got what he deserved, and they were glad he was leaving.

We were in the process of trying to decide who initiated the removal of so much of his stuff.  Some thought it was a Linden, but I thought it was a forumite.  That's not slinging mud as these forumites did who hate-messaged him.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Luther Weymann said:

But to the five people who have sent me hate IMs telling me I was a cheater and they are happy I'm gone and I got what I deserved,

who does these things can be reported. That's on you.
My view on what happened to the items is clear from my earlier post, but if i were you i'd AR them.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 4:46 AM, Luther Weymann said:

So the retaliation to my post about having a product deleted was intense today from the Lindens. Obviously, they hated me saying anything, so dozens of my products were immediately removed from the marketplace, and out of the over 500 products I had listed, I have no record of the ones they deleted. Which, of course, is by design. 

.......I won’t be missed.

I hope you know now that it was not the Lindens who did this to you, as I don't like to see anybody feel they are being harmed by people who have power over them.
The authorities in SL have power over us, and so to think that they, as the ones who have more control over our SL lives, are deliberately hurting us (being vindictive, wanting to punish us for speaking up about not liking something they were doing)....well this can be more difficult to deal with than our fellow residents trying to harm us.

I suppose you do believe it was not Lindens, now that 5 forumites sent hate messages to you.

Let me be clear...my desire for you to see who the culprit was had nothing to do with me wanting to point a finger and say something like "Lindens good, forumites bad".
I simply don't like to see anyone feeling oppressed by those who have more power over them, and most especially when those in power aren't even the ones causing the problem.

48 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
11 hours ago, Luther Weymann said:

But to the five people who have sent me hate IMs telling me I was a cheater and they are happy I'm gone and I got what I deserved,

who does these things can be reported. That's on you.

I seriously doubt anyone on the Forum is tacky enough to message someone saying "you got what you deserved".  Really, seriously, no joking. I cannot even imagined my biggest critics on the Forum being that tacky. (Of course, I may be underestimating them.) 

My guess is, the OP complained in some in-world Group or public / private Chats and people IM'd him there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

now that 5 forumites sent hate messages to you.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I seriously doubt anyone on the Forum is tacky enough to message someone saying "you got what you deserved".  Really, seriously, no joking. I cannot even imagined my biggest critics on the Forum being that tacky. (Of course, I may be underestimating them.) 

My guess is, the OP complained in some in-world Group or public / private Chats and people IM'd him there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I hope you know now that it was not the Lindens who did this to you, as I don't like to see anybody feel they are being harmed by people who have power over them.

Of course the Lindens did this, as part of their responsibility to the users who reported the spam keyword abuse on MP. 
OP and your approach again is wrong. In your case, as usual.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
52 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Of course the Lindens did this, as part of their responsibility to the users who reported the spam keyword abuse on MP. 
OP and your approach again is wrong. In your case, as usual.

initiated it...via flagging

please pay attention to additional posts where we discussed this, and context as well...

36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have received worse messages. One was even posted in open chat and quickly removed.  I can't describe them though as that would be against the rules of specifically citing other threads.

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I hope you know now that it was not the Lindens who did this to you

Definitely.  He did it to himself and he admitted it. He didn't fully read all of the rules when he listed things on the MP.  He got away with the keyword spamming for a decade.  Just because he is no longer getting away with it, regardless of who reported what, it was still his own actions that ultimately cause the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I seriously doubt anyone on the Forum is tacky enough to message someone saying "you got what you deserved".  Really, seriously, no joking. I cannot even imagined my biggest critics on the Forum being that tacky.

Oh, I most definitely can imaging a few folks around here being that tacky.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I hope you know now that it was not the Lindens who did this to you

Definitely.  He did it to himself and he admitted it. He didn't fully read all of the rules when he listed things on the MP.  He got away with the keyword spamming for a decade.  Just because he is no longer getting away with it, regardless of who reported what, it was still his own actions that ultimately cause the problem.

I totally agree, LittleMe, that it was his responsibility.  I just think it could have been handled better as those present watched the whole scenario evolvinghere in real time.  For example, once he knew (and I believe he truly did not know, and was innocent regarding his infractions) he broke the rules we should have given him time to fix the rest of his store before so much of it poofed.  

He complained about one item being removed. This was not the time for someone(s) to hastily hunt down more of his store items to prove him wrong.   Like I said, we should have educated him and he then might have fixed the rest of his store.

Edited by Luna Bliss

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Like I said, we should have educated him and he then might have fixed the rest of his store.

Wait, so it's "our" responsibility?!

Thats an interesting "take" on it.

It's always 'both'...never 'one or the other'.

I do feel we had more responsibility in rectifying the matter though because he came to us (the forum) for help, and so he was in a more vulnerable position.

Also he was upset, and I feel more responsible when someone is in distress.

Add to that he was not a regular forum member (so didn't know the ropes) -- I believe a new person should be treated with care. We, as regulars, have more power because knowledge is power.

Edited by Luna Bliss

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh, I most definitely can imaging a few folks around here being that tacky.

Well, thank goodness they never message ME!

I've tried to message you but it won't go through.  I think you have it set so you don't allow them.

32 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Always??

So... should we also blame the victims of crimes?   Or does your rule only apply in this situation or where someone has had some sort of action taken against them in a non-criminal thing (or any other situation that you want it to apply to)?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Always??

So... should we also blame the victims of crimes?   Or does your rule only apply in this situation or where someone has had some sort of action taken against them in a non-criminal thing (or any other situation that you want it to apply to)?

I suppose, in the context of the thread, my interpretation is: the minute the OP complained we should have jumped in, with soothing reassurances, advising to "go change your keywords NOW, quick"! 

But what can ya do?  In general, people don't listen to our advice so it's easier just to keep it quiet.  

There are some "good people" on the Forums who helpfully post the relevant TOS when such things come up.  If that's not "enough", then..what can ya do?

Maybe we could tag @Luna Bliss in case she or another empathetic soul would be willing to offer the appropriate advice.

But "our responsibility"? I call B.S.!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Always??

My "always" is not referring to major crimes. Rather, it refers to most interpersonal disputes.  I've found there usually is two sides to every story.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So when someone is upset or in pain, or had a major shock/upset that demonstrates they are confused you don't have a natural inclination to help them?

An inclination to help someone has nothing to do with "responsibility" for them breaking the rules.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.