In the future, everyone will have their own event for fifteen minutes

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I attend some of them too but mostly because I'm a hair addict and certain (of the best, IMO) brands release their latest styles at events. It's a terrible affliction but I'm the one prepared to pay the event tax for new hair...

I don't see too much hair at the events I go to, weirdly. I usually scoop that up during weekend sales or Hello Tuesday or just wait for in-store sales.

I usually use events as an excuse to buy skins, kits and mods, heads, sometimes pets if I can remember to grab the dang things before the event ends (oops), and accessories in different themes (fantasy, mermaid, furry, etc.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I probably won't get my own event since i already used up my 15 minutes of fame..😭

I'll let you in on a secret... Just make like, 1,500 alt accounts, named CekaCianci1, CekaCianci2, etc., and deploy them about the grid. Each one will garner you another 15 minutes of fame, and it adds up.

Do the math, and be famous for life.

You're welcome~! :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I'll let you in on a secret... Just make like, 1,500 alt accounts, named CekaCianci1, CekaCianci2, etc., and deploy them about the grid. Each one will garner you another 15 minutes of fame, and it adds up.

Do the math, and be famous for life.

You're welcome~! :D

I tried fame and really the more I remember it, 15 minutes was enough for me.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Events are on their way down hill, that is for sure in my opinion.
The stuff they are trying to sell gets extremer and extremer and there are more and more events... for me, those are signals that market for more normal stuff is already stagnant. People already have tons of stuff in all colors and all sizes in their inventories.
And extreme/absurd/exaggerated  is a niche market in our niche market SL, so that will not hold a long future IMHO.

A sure sign of decadence in any economy, like the Rococo movement in art. I wouldn't see it as a downhill slide into nothingness though, it's just that lull that comes before the next "new wave", just like in music.

Something becomes popular, everyone gets one, everyone has one, so people start making them in different shades of blue to try and ride the wave all the way to the beach. In the meantime, something "newer" or different is gestating, and waiting for everyone to be sick enough of what's out there to welcome something fresh.

If you look carefully at what's on offer and driving the market currently, you could conceivably get ahead of the coming wave and influence it by doing something that contrasts with the status quo. Then when others jump on and make it popular, everyone will forget you, but you'll have at least made a dent, and maybe even get paid something along the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wish mine was for being on tv.. hehehe

It wasn't for being on TV, it was for what got me on TV.

Had to dye my hair and everything.

Anyway, when I get my 15-minute event, I promise the freebies will be worth teleporting for, at least.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2023 at 2:27 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

My alt Alycia had 15 minutes of fame. She's on a canceled HBO show called SEX//NOW, on the "Pixel Sex" segment. 

(Note: All scenes of virtual sex were staged by the production company - badly.)

*goes searching for that*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.