Colouring text

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It could be related to the "paste as plain text" option you get when pasting from another source into the Forum. The Forum software obviously knows if you're working with "rich text" or "formatted text", or it 

Note: I am NOT suggesting you are only having the issue / seeing the difference when you work with pasted text. I am only suggesting that the Forum software possibly won't give you the advanced formatting options if the software thinks you are working with "plain text".

Now I can't wait to see what @Rowan Amore wrote, as I see she replied while I was typing!

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

When posting, I can sometimes colour the text and sometimes I am not given the option. Why?

You fell behind on the payment plan for your Coloured Text Tax?

Perhaps being an American website, the Forum software knows when you use the spelling "colour", and gives up in self-disgust at its own inferiority!

54 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The available options depend on the width of the editor. If there's not enough space, the less common options will be hidden.

I reckon that's it. The viewer width is always the same but sometimes there's a column on the right side and sometimes not, so the width of the editor varies. I'm off to check :)

ETA: Yep. That's definitely it. Thank you.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

When posting, I can sometimes colour the text and sometimes I am not given the option. Why?

Likewise, I only sometimes have the Strikethrough option.  Like Wulfie mentioned, I had finally figured out it had something to do with the width of the box I was typing in.  

I hadn't realized the color option also disappeared for short-width columns.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.