Can someone explain how to contact support if you are having password issues and locked out of your account?

Sugarbaby497

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My SL partner tried to update his password but his password manager didn't save the new crazy long password it created.  So now he locked out of his account.  He has tried the "Forgot password page and gets a blank white page after clicking submit. He has received nothing to his email. He then tried submitting a ticket as a guest because he can't login to the dashboard when he is a premium member.   How long does it take for someone to get back to a premium member when they are locked out.  They did receive the ticket he submitted with details but that was over 6 hours ago.   Why is there no phone number to call if you are not logged in. This is so frustrating.  How can I get him help getting back in.   It was a pure accident. Can anyone suggest what to do?  

7 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Sugarbaby497 said:

They did receive the ticket he submitted with details but that was over 6 hours ago. 

Only six hours? Support isn't an instant service. Be patient. If he has further questions or concerns, he can submit a second ticket, referencing the first one by its number.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why the OP is upset.  She asked for suggestions of things to do and I offered the most logical suggestion: wait. Support tickets are handled by a triage system. High priority issues are dealt with first, especially if they involve theft, malicious harassment or other serious TOS violations. Lower priority issues, like not being able to log in temporarily, are likely to take longer and will probably not be addressed after normal working hours or -- usually -- on the weekend.  So you wait patiently. If nothing happens in a while, you can submit a new support case, referencing the first one, to try and jog the system.  That's the way things work.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.