Marketplace Best Selling Sorting

Ouchie Dumpling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see people saying that it works. Are your stores actually showing 30 days? Ours do not. And new sales are not getting updated at all. It also seems to be related to store size. Its been a few days now, it should work by now. But mostly March 2023 sales are stuck on best selling and are not moving at all. 

Edited by Flaire Xevion
add

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, onyx Kelberry said:

On my Marketplace best selling has not changed for weeks now. What is going on ????

It's frozen/stuck. A couple weeks ago, they did some kind of "fix" to the MP and in so doing, Best Selling got stuck. And, it also mirrors Relevance. So as usual, whatever was fixed, broke something else.

Two JIRAs still awaiting review related to this:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234374

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234355

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2023/9/7 at 午後3時30分, Arwen Serpente said:

固まっている/固まっている。数週間前、彼らは MP に対してある種の「修正」を行い、そうしているうちにベストセラーが行き詰ってしまいました。そして、それは関連性も反映します。したがって、いつものように、修正されたものは何か別のものを壊しました。

これに関連する 2 つの JIRA がまだレビューを待っています:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234374

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234355

I agree too! A few weeks ago I noticed a change to the Relevance search and Best selling search listings. However, the Relevance search and the Best selling search are the same list, but there has been no movement in recent weeks. I wonder how many months have passed since the problem became serious around Valentine's Day... Please update these lists daily. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:54 PM, platearmor said:

I agree too! A few weeks ago I noticed a change to the Relevance search and Best selling search listings. However, the Relevance search and the Best selling search are the same list, but there has been no movement in recent weeks. I wonder how many months have passed since the problem became serious around Valentine's Day... Please update these lists daily. 

Both Lists are the same and yes I agree with "how many month have passed since...." 

When I remember the last 5-6 Month, they start to think about the Mess after long weeks and then: Update and fix and update and fix and fix or be quiet .. 

You may want to hear what Sntax Linden shares at the beginning of the last meeting of Second Life: Web User Group meeting (6 September 2023). Recent changes are mentioned at the beginning of this video, but you are always to attend these public meetings or view them on YouTube after they are posted,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD9xLhElmnA

Edited by Rockridge Constantine

Part of the TL;DW for that video is they are trying to find ways to not show highly outdated products. They are requesting marketplace to detect what kind of items are in the listing (mesh, prim, sculpty, etc). Also multiple variants for a single listing, but that's a dead horse we've been requesting for a very long time.

I think what they really need is to pick a date, like 5 years ago, and mark older products as "legacy" content. Notify all merchants that their products are about to be moved to legacy status. Give them a chance to update them, like 3 months. Then make search only show non-legacy products by default and then let them show legacy only or include legacy if people want to when they are searching. Every 6 months or so, products move to legacy that are older than X years, merchants are notified they should update their products, and after a certain window the products that aren't updated are moved to legacy. All it really needs to do is even just have the listing updated, because merchants who aren't in SL aren't going to update their stuff and it'll be able to slide into legacy mode no problem. There are also plenty of other metrics you can use, like the last time the merchant logged in. I.E. if they haven't even logged in in the last 2 years, move them to legacy. Haven't made a new listing in several years? Move to legacy. Hasn't sold in over X amount of years? Move to legacy. Using a legacy content status allows older items to not show up in search while not deleting older content. I don't want to delete old stuff either. The more old stuff they get out of search results, the better search results will be for finding new high quality stuff.

Time frames are up for debate, obviously. I don't know what's best. But LL needs to do something because the current search results actively discourage creating new quality content because older stuff will be prioritized in search.

They are also talking about variants and how to get merchants to actually use them. My thoughts are simple, multiple variants in separate listings are hurting search results and quality of search. So, marketplace should search stores for similar listings where the title and text are very similar, and penalize listings that have other very similar listings in search results until they are merged into one listing with variants.

Google, Bing, Yahoo, all will absolutely obliterate you if you're harmful to their search results and you're trying to rank in them. SLMP has like no penalties for bad behavior. And I'm talking things like spammy listings, not so truthful listings, etc.

The simpler the solutions the easier it's going to be to create and the better results should be, in theory. Switching to legacy content listings should help.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 5:39 PM, onyx Kelberry said:

On my Marketplace best selling has not changed for weeks now. What is going on ????

I posted the above on the 7th of Sept 2023 we are now the 11th of Oct 2023 and best selling has not changed for me.

All related Jira's have been closed saying they were resolved but they were not as I am still seeing the same top three products listed as best sellers. Nothing is moving.

It would be nice to get this fixed. Putting a band aid on the issue fixes nothing and it is aggravating to be told that the issue was fixed when we can plainly see that it has not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.