How do I report someone for a chat made in a mobile app?

Missy Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

On 8/8/2023 at 4:52 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I don't think you can but you can report next time you are logged in.

and @Fionalein Technically she is in world via Lumiya, since Lumiya is a mobile app viewer. I know it's not being updated anymore. I know it's not in the Google Play store anymore. But there are people in SL who still use it currently, and there's even an entire group dedicated to people who do use it. So yes, she would be in world. And Lumiya lacks the ability to make reports since it's very limited in comparison to desktop viewers.

So what she is saying is, she has Lumiya viewer chat log screenshots. She wants to know how she can add them to a support ticket for reporting someone if that is possible? I don't think there is.

@Missy Starchild I believe this is what you were getting at. I do wonder when filing a support ticket, if there is something where you can upload images.

@Linden Lab I'm not sure who to tag for advice on the Lumiya mobile viewer. I could be incorrect doing this, but I figured I'd try anyway.

If anyone wants to help, feel free to reply to @Missy Starchild regarding Lumiya chat log screenshots thank you! :) Best of luck Missy!!

Edited by thefloofyvixen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Regardless of what viewer is used and whether it's supported or not, she can still add the screenshot, which she said she has, to the report.  The screenshot is on her phone.  She can send the screenshot to her computer, upload it to SL and add it to her report.  Date and time and place of the occurrence means SL can corroborate what was said.

Hmm interesting, how can a Lumiya screenshot be added to a desktop viewer report? Lumiya is the one OP is using though, and referring to it since she had the chat using Lumiya. I am 100% certain it does not support reporting. And it really isn't supported anymore, since the dev stopped updating it. It's not in the Google Play store anymore. I wasn't saying she can't add the screenshot though. So I hope this clears things up.

Because when I make a report in Firestorm, it only screenshots what you see in-world. I can only think of uploading something using that gyazo site, and then provide that link with the report. Is that what you mean? I am interested since I do use Lumiya myself sometimes.

I'm confused how exactly it can be added to the report. When you say upload, I'm thinking the image would be uploaded via using that menu option, and it's added to her inventory. Then she would open the image from the inventory. The image would be on her screen in-world. Then the report screenshot can be refreshed to include the Lumiya screenshot inventory item? Is that what you mean? Not hating. I'm trying to figure what you mean so I too can have this information. Because what you said is kind of vague. That is very interesting! 🙂 Because if yes, then that is really cool and extremely useful thank you!

Edited by thefloofyvixen
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's exactly what I mean although as I said previously, as long as you have the Date, Time and Place of the incident, you can simply pull up the name of the offender in the inworld search and choose report.   The screenshot up on your screen when making that report may or may not be needed but it's another layer of proof.   LL can check the IM themselves however they do that.  

Amazing!! Yea I'll be sure to have the screenshot too so it further helps for context.That's extremely helpful to know thank you so much! :)

19 hours ago, belindacarson said:

you can report in 2 ways:

1) report it next time you're in world and state the time that something happened.  despite what people think, LL can check the chat logs of that time etc.

2) use that bot boxy on the website, you can report abuse via the sl website using that, without being logged in.

Yup I know these too :)👍

18 hours ago, Exavor Diesel said:

It would likely need to be very serious for LL to do anything about it, otherwise they will be overwhelmed dealing with reports based on petty disputes & arguments. Often it's just less time & effort to simply block the people in question. As a rule of thumb; If the police wouldn't do anything about it in a RL situation, chances are LL won't on SL either. Also, referring to people as a "piece of cr*p" (with or without merit) will likely aggravate the matter and provoke them further into behaving in the manner described.

I find the easiest way to deal with trolls and pests alike is to simply ignore them. - They don't like that as it doesn't give them the attention they seek and more often than not they will move on to something or someone else. 

True we can block and ignore. Even if Linden Labs doesn't fix the issue, at least we have the option to still report in general 😌👍

On 8/14/2023 at 7:11 AM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You won't know whether or not LL even looks at the AR or does anything about it. You can hope they will but you won't know.  That's why I never report anyone. I block them and derender their avatar and then go about my business.  Of course doing things like what the person did to the OP isn't cool but there are tons of "not so nice" people in the world that just want attention.

Yes I am very well aware we don't receive updates. I'm used to it. I'm still glad we have the option to report though :) And I will still make use of the report option. I also block and derender them. I've blacklisted people too. Yup best to do all these things with terrible people in SL. It's good we have these options to protect ourselves. Stay safe out there take care 🩷

Edited by thefloofyvixen

4 hours ago, thefloofyvixen said:

and @Fionalein Technically she is in world via Lumiya, since Lumiya is a mobile app viewer. I know it's not being updated anymore. I know it's not in the Google Play store anymore. But there are people in SL who still use it currently, and there's even an entire group dedicated to people who do use it. So yes, she would be in world. And Lumiya lacks the ability to make reports since it's very limited in comparison to desktop viewers.

So what she is saying is, she has Lumiya viewer chat log screenshots. She wants to know how she can add them to a support ticket for reporting someone if that is possible? I don't think there is.

@Missy Starchild I believe this is what you were getting at. I do wonder when filing a support ticket, if there is something where you can upload images.

@Linden Lab I'm not sure who to tag for advice on the Lumiya mobile viewer. I could be incorrect doing this, but I figured I'd try anyway.

If anyone wants to help, feel free to reply to @Missy Starchild regarding Lumiya chat log screenshots thank you! :) Best of luck Missy!!

Regardless of what viewer is used and whether it's supported or not, she can still add the screenshot, which she said she has, to the report.  The screenshot is on her phone.  She can send the screenshot to her computer, upload it to SL and add it to her report.  Date and time and place of the occurrence means SL can corroborate what was said.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thefloofyvixen said:

I'm confused how exactly it can be added to the report. When you say upload, I'm thinking the image would be uploaded via using that menu option, and it's added to her inventory. Then she would open the image from the inventory. The image would be on her screen in-world. Then the report screenshot can be refreshed to include the Lumiya screenshot inventory item? Is that what you mean? Not hating. I'm trying to figure what you mean so I too can have this information. Because what you said is kind of vague. That is very interesting! 🙂 Because if yes, then that is really cool and extremely useful thank you!

That's exactly what I mean although as I said previously, as long as you have the Date, Time and Place of the incident, you can simply pull up the name of the offender in the inworld search and choose report.   The screenshot up on your screen when making that report may or may not be needed but it's another layer of proof.   LL can check the IM themselves however they do that.  

you can report in 2 ways:

1) report it next time you're in world and state the time that something happened.  despite what people think, LL can check the chat logs of that time etc.

2) use that bot boxy on the website, you can report abuse via the sl website using that, without being logged in.

It would likely need to be very serious for LL to do anything about it, otherwise they will be overwhelmed dealing with reports based on petty disputes & arguments. Often it's just less time & effort to simply block the people in question. As a rule of thumb; If the police wouldn't do anything about it in a RL situation, chances are LL won't on SL either. Also, referring to people as a "piece of cr*p" (with or without merit) will likely aggravate the matter and provoke them further into behaving in the manner described.

I find the easiest way to deal with trolls and pests alike is to simply ignore them. - They don't like that as it doesn't give them the attention they seek and more often than not they will move on to something or someone else. 

Edited by Exavor Diesel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thefloofyvixen said:

True we can block and ignore. Even if Linden Labs doesn't fix the issue, at least we have the option to still report in general 😌👍

You won't know whether or not LL even looks at the AR or does anything about it. You can hope they will but you won't know.  That's why I never report anyone. I block them and derender their avatar and then go about my business.  Of course doing things like what the person did to the OP isn't cool but there are tons of "not so nice" people in the world that just want attention.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.