SL Estates are gone

NytStalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

got a message to take all my stuff up cause [ redacted by moderator ] is reclaiming all sims due to [ redacted by moderator ] had not paid anything on any sims from all us renters

so we all have lost our LAND, MONEY, and with no way to be refunded for any rent we still had

feels like ROBBERY

Edited by Dyna Mole
Removed names
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, NytStalker said:

got a message to take all my stuff up cause xxxis reclaiming all sims due to xxxxxx had not paid anything on any sims from all us renters

so we all have lost our LAND, MONEY, and with no way to be refunded for any rent we still had

feels like ROBBERY

if that guy, ( who's name you have to remove) subletted parcels you have to be at his adress. not the reclaiming party.( who's name you also need to remove)

• Like 1

This kind of problem is not uncommon in SL, and there's not much you can do about it. This is why you should only rent from well-established rental places or from someone you know well. Also never pay more than a month in advance.

p.s.

The name of the avatar you rented from should have been a warning. 😆 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I never had this happen when I rented the only renters I know that are good are WRE reasonable prices and sims sometimes if I wanted to move it was hard because most of the parcels were taken and filled up. Personally since I own land its much more easier to do stuff I want to do and only have to pay what is listed on the price of the sim. 

• Like 1

Renting is fine. Just realize you might lose the money you put forward to pay for your appartment, house or parcel. One of the advantages of renting is getting a pre-made environment. You might like having a social environment included too, such as a pool, a dance club, a roleplay region, etc. 

If you buy mainland, you'll have to (or get to) buy or make your own house, create your own landscaping, choose your own security system, and invite your own friends over when you want to socialize. Then when you decide to leave, you may end up abandoning the land and losing what you paid for it, rather than losing a month's rent on a rental.

• Like 2

How much money are we talking about? If it's less than a few hundred dollars, it's probably not worth bothering.

You could sue the landlord. If necessary, you can get the court to issue a subpoena on Linden Lab to force them to disclose the identity of the other party.

California self-help guide for this: https://selfhelp.courts.ca.gov/small-claims/trial/supoenas

An interesting question is whether you can sue them in California regardless of where they are. The landlord is a "business", and since they use Second Life, which is a California operation, they could be said to be operating in California. Talk to a lawyer. There are free phone legal advice services.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.