Thoughts on the 2048s and my hopes and wishes.

Sparkely Sugar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh, I like the Ranch better when I saw the released regions. The single demo style that I can choose house from, in the Bellisseria Demo Island, did not give me a well enough impression.

So I'm not a hater. But the PPlus cost is so high, more than twice of Premium and only double the li.

For me to pay such a price, the house theme would have to hit me like a rubber wallet in the head. I would not just like it, but love it. It would have to be the best thing I have seen in Bellisseria, nay, in the whole Second Life.

56 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

@Marianne Little, Given the huge popularity of these 2048 m Ranch Homes, I don't think it will take too long for LL to bring out the next 2048 m style. Patch has already hinted about it. It might be something like an Italian villa or Spanish hacienda.

I still want modern, but not like Newbrooke. A refined and sophisticated line of posh houses.

A mediterranean luxury villa would be great too. But will it knock me out?

man-with-giant-hammer_1308-36176.jpg?w=7

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 11:22 PM, Sparkely Sugar said:

That is simply not true, I have a double prim parcel on the mainland, so it is indeed possible. Would it require coding changes and some work on the billing system? Yes, it would but I simply do not believe it is impossible.

I am not saying it is an easy thing to do by any means, but it is something residents have been asking repeatedly for. As LL I would look at finding a way to do this, maybe the parcels come with a bonus built-in, and it is coded to be turned off if you are not paying for the dbl prim allowance. I have a double prim bonus in Horizons, and yes all the parcels are dbl prim, I have also seen I think 1.5 on a few other sims, I would need to go look again to be sure.

Regions used to be 16.5k then 20k and there is an option for 30k, which shows that there is a possibility for changes in the future, even if it is not possible under the current system

They have already found a way to do this when they created the option to have more LI via Premium Plus. And I would imagine, that over time, there will be more themes added to the P+ package option. It seems a bit unfair to ask them to change over 4 years of hard work to appease a few. When there is already an alternative to get more LI. And what most residents I have seen asking for, has been an increase on already built parcels, and that is not possible to do as Abnor already confirmed above. 

🐹

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 1:37 PM, Maitimo said:

Oooh. This might just tempt me into a Newbrooke... wonder how many tries it will take me to land one...  

On 7/6/2023 at 3:38 AM, Abnor Mole said:
On 7/4/2023 at 2:45 PM, AlensaFlower said:

I seen some Newbrooke beach theme Wharf (42, 129, 33)

camp 1_001.png

camp2_001.png

• Like 1

Piggybacking on this, if I switched to Premium, and I own mainland instead of a Linden Home, should I be getting reduced tier? Because that's the idea I got. I've got 5120 now, and I got the impression that with P+ I'd be getting 2048 of it free instead of the 1024 I got free before. But my tier has remained the same.

That's not the only reason I switched, and I plan to stay switched, but just trying to figure out if I misunderstood or if it's something to file a support ticket about.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Piggybacking on this, if I switched to Premium, and I own mainland instead of a Linden Home, should I be getting reduced tier? Because that's the idea I got. I've got 5120 now, and I got the impression that with P+ I'd be getting 2048 of it free instead of the 1024 I got free before. But my tier has remained the same.

That's not the only reason I switched, and I plan to stay switched, but just trying to figure out if I misunderstood or if it's something to file a support ticket about.

they do tier in increments. The sizes include 1--512, 513-1024, 1025-2048, 2049-4096, 4097-8192, etc.... if you were at 5120 and had 1024 premium, that bring you down to 4096, putting you in the 4th tier (2049-4096). When you went to PP and got another 1024, that brings the amount of land you use down from 4096 to 3072. But as it turns out, that is still in the same tier increment. You get changed the same for everything between 2049 and 4096 .. in this case lowering the land you used by 1024 did not help with the tier increment you are in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

they do tier in increments. The sizes include 1--512, 513-1024, 1025-2048, 2049-4096, 4097-8192, etc.... if you were at 5120 and had 1024 premium, that bring you down to 4096, putting you in the 4th tier (2049-4096). When you went to PP and got another 1024, that brings the amount of land you use down from 4096 to 3072. But as it turns out, that is still in the same tier increment. You get changed the same for everything between 2049 and 4096 .. in this case lowering the land you used by 1024 did not help with the tier increment you are in.

Got it! Thanks! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BookishMelinoe said:

As a reminder, when you buy mainland, it's worth it to create a land group and buy it for your group rather than as an individual. Groups are able to own an additional 10% of land and the land impact that comes with it, without paying extra for that extra tier. Always keep a Basic alt in your group with full owner rights, so if you get locked out of SL, they can manage your group and land. If an alt or friend in your group is Premium and donates tier to it, that also allows your group to own more land that you wouldn't have to pay monthly for.

There are alot of calculations and number crunching involved in figuring out the most cost-effective way to own the amount of mainland you might want. Sometimes cutting off part of your land and selling or abandoning may be necessary to save money.

• Like 5

I personally love the theme.  The landscaping is Fantastic.  So many beautiful spots it's really hard to decide on a favorite.  A number of the house models are good for me too.  Some are too large for my preference, but they are all really lovely.  I also like that new regions are brought up quickly to meet the demand and customer service on tickets in outstanding.  A big thank you to the Moles and Linden's from me. 

• Like 10

On 7/21/2023 at 6:17 PM, Hedy Heartsong said:

I personally love the theme.  The landscaping is Fantastic.  So many beautiful spots it's really hard to decide on a favorite.  A number of the house models are good for me too.  Some are too large for my preference, but they are all really lovely.  I also like that new regions are brought up quickly to meet the demand and customer service on tickets in outstanding.  A big thank you to the Moles and Linden's from me. 

Completely concur!

• Like 2

Off topic i know but can not find any answers , 

Choose your Linden Home concierge service  does it require you to have not used up all of todays linden home requests ie. not have released all 5  on the day they read your ticket?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fleurielia said:

Off topic i know but can not find any answers , 

Choose your Linden Home concierge service  does it require you to have not used up all of todays linden home requests ie. not have released all 5  on the day they read your ticket?

you dont have to use any of your rolls before you can use the conscierge service to request a specific location. The rolls are totally independent of that.

However, they do restrict the number of times you can request a location per month. I think it is only once per month that you can land a residence that way, but I am not sure of the exact number. Generally when I request a place, I plan to stay there for a long time so I never really paid attention to the limit on requests.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

However, they do restrict the number of times you can request a location per month. I think it is only once per month that you can land a residence that way, but I am not sure of the exact number. Generally when I request a place, I plan to stay there for a long time so I never really paid attention to the limit on requests.

I was just looking in the Knowledge Base to try to answer that question and not finding any answers.  For now, I will go with yours!  😄

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.