I'm thinking of traveling the mainland. Any recommendations?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been on the hunt for active places with fun vibes for a while. The search function is just far too limited. I want to see things, experience the world. I am thinking of traveling from the south western most region to the north eastern most region. Does anyone have recommendations for stops along the way that usually have active people?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GamerGirlEvie said:

I've been on the hunt for active places with fun vibes for a while. The search function is just far too limited. I want to see things, experience the world. I am thinking of traveling from the south western most region to the north eastern most region. Does anyone have recommendations for stops along the way that usually have active people?

My favourite Mainland continent by far is Heterocera Atoll (which is also where I have my home). It's really varied in terms of environments, and it has the SLRR to travel on!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

When you get to Satori, route 8, be sure to stop at the Mystery Spot. Route 8 is fun to take as a road trip with stops along the way. 

I will have to keep that in mind. Thanks

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My favourite Mainland continent by far is Heterocera Atoll (which is also where I have my home). It's really varied in terms of environments, and it has the SLRR to travel on!

That sounds really neat!

• Like 2

I suggest looking for the grid drivers of SL group,( or something like that I am on my phone now so can't check precise name). The group publishes a route each week across mainland stopping at 3 or 4 locations of interest along the journey. It is a great way to find places on mainland 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I suggest looking for the grid drivers of SL group,( or something like that I am on my phone now so can't check precise name). The group publishes a route each week across mainland stopping at 3 or 4 locations of interest along the journey. It is a great way to find places on mainland 

This is great advice: I used to be a member (and should rejoin). They're VERY helpful in group chat, they have, as Aethelwine says, regular group drives across the mainland . . . and there are occasional freebies, like vehicles and HUDs passed out via group notices.

They're just really nice people, in my experience.

• Like 1

Going into a place where everything is truly unknown can be fun too. Maybe just pick a direction to travel and visit any unusual places you spot along the way or go to where there are green dots. Maybe they'll be happy or they might be mad. It's the mainland! 

• Like 3

Somewhere along the rail line on Heterocera I once ran across a house that was perched on a teeny parcel at the edge of a cliff. It looked a bit as though it and the postage-stamp-sized parcel it was on were going to slide down the edge at any moment.

The house was open, but I decided not to go in. I did take a look around though. It had been really lovingly put together, with lots of personal touches outside and in. The owner had her certificate qualifying her as a member of the SL coastguard hung on the wall. I was utterly charmed. I have no idea who she was, and just moved on after a brief look around, but I felt weirdly as though I had connected with someone.

Not every experience needs to be of grand and exciting builds. Sometimes the little human things, the half-abandoned houses or farms or clubs or gas stations along the way are the real discovery.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.