wow - this made my computer news feed - even mentions premium memberships

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have windows 10 and have never configured news streams ... this popped up by default on my news feed... about second life and it even mentions premium memberships:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/second-life-is-celebrating-its-20th-birthday/ar-AA1cUn21?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=8e2aa77ab80f4da0b10e5ef4076f8914&ei=13

Second life is really making news. Maybe we will soon have a lot more belli residents joining us :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

This quote from the article is wrong:  "there is the SL20B Shop & Hop with exclusive items and completely new gifts from a record-breaking 480+ merchants"

I definitely received some gifts from the Shop & Hop that I already had from previous events.  It is easy for me to know if an item was a previous event gift because I still have older event folders that are not fully unpacked. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This quote from the article is wrong:  "there is the SL20B Shop & Hop with exclusive items and completely new gifts from a record-breaking 480+ merchants"

I definitely received some gifts from the Shop & Hop that I already had from previous events.  It is easy for me to know if an item was a previous event gift because I still have older event folders that are not fully unpacked. 

The merchants cheated. The event rules is that it needs to be a new gift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I noticed of the regions I've been to so far that some stores haven't bothered putting out a gift. From past events not just Shop & Hop some merchants will recycle the same gift over and over again 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are the gifts in the gifting area not Shop & Hop all new?

Per Teresa's comment above, the Shop & Hop rules stated that every merchant had to give a NEW gift - but I have gotten gifts that I already have from previous Shop & Hop events.

Not at all surprised though that merchants would not closely read all the rules and also not surprised the some merchants will give the same gift at every event for multiple years.  I did a search on one name because it sounded familiar -- I had 4 copies, all from Shop & Hop events.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 3

gee folks.. this post was intended to be about the article about SL's 20th birthday being in general news. Please lets not turn this into a discussion about shop and hop gifts.

I was rather excited to see that second life made everyday life news. I am hoping that will yield more members and more premium members and land owners.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.