Adult Forums

BallsDeepHoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I don't normally point this out, but if you take my username, rearrange some of the letters, remove others and replace some but not all of them, you can make a word that is incredibly obscene in almost any human language.

Sorry, just the kinda fun fact I couldn't let get away. I'd have forgotten to tell anyone if I hadn't said it just then when I thought of it.

I honestly don't get offended by usernames anymore, because internet. The way I see it, if I can make it through the early 2000's and still enjoy using a computer, I can shrug off just about anything when it comes to the names people pick for their accounts.

I remember in 2005, my IRC channel had no less than a dozen users whose usernames were variations on the n-word, names of missing children, or various forms of profanity.

Some people just do whatever they can get away with that enrages others. I couldn't care less, anymore, lol.

I do think though that in our OP's case, it was more an honesty-of-interests thing, rather than an attempt to outrage anyone.

I don't care what name someone chooses.  What bothers me is blatant disregard for the ToS which states...

You may not select as your Account Name any name that Linden Lab determines may cause deception or confusion; may violate any trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right or mislead other users regarding your identity or affiliation; or any name that Linden Lab determines in its sole discretion to be vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. 

The forum software routinely censoring the correct word for things such as ***** and ***** yet allows these names to remain just seems hypocritical.   Not surprised, though.

ETA...yes, p and v were censored.  Those inappropriate words for body parts.  🙄

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You may not select as your Account Name any name that Linden Lab determines may cause deception or confusion; may violate any trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right or mislead other users regarding your identity or affiliation; or any name that Linden Lab determines in its sole discretion to be vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. 

Not putting words in your mouth, just the easiest way to place emphasis on the text of my own choice, in the part you posted, while still letting you know I felt your response was worthy of a ding in case you wanted to see I had replied.

I can't let other people's regard or disregard for someone else's rules which are theirs to enforce or let slide affect my user experience anymore, and I wouldn't want to be seen as violating any sort of community standards for behavior on the forums like the general dislike that staff have for "backseat moderation".

Whatever part of the ToS I agree or disagree with, I can never escape the fact that what others do, and what LL chooses to do about it, if anything, in all likelihood will ultimately have nothing to do with me. Only my own behavior is going to be under my own control in any way, and I can best control that by not letting things trigger me if I can help it.

That sort of personal responsibility being on me, I choose not to let it bother me what others choose to adhere to or disregard when it comes to their own responsibilities, especially considering it's the internet.

TL:DR; I'm not paid to enforce others' behavior. If I have a problem with something, I just report it and move on. If nothing happens, it obviously wasn't as important as I thought it was.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

or any name that Linden Lab determines in its sole discretion to be vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. 

Oh, those lovely double standards by Linden Labs.
While we need be protected at all costs from vulgar avatar names, approximately 30% of all adult intercourse places in SL have R A P E either in their title or the descripion. 
They even pop up, when an innocent user just searches for "love".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 4:59 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

Oh, those lovely double standards by Linden Labs.
While we need be protected at all costs from vulgar avatar names, approximately 30% of all adult intercourse places in SL have R A P E either in their title or the descripion. 
They even pop up, when an innocent user just searches for "love".

There is that.

There's also this whole thing though about even disturbing fantasies being a part of a healthy emotional life, and the other thing about all of this online stuff being of a "less real than real life" nature, and the thing of people being able to work through various aspects of their own personal development through the use of fantasy in virtual spaces and other online platforms in relative safety.

Especially online, I think that reality comes down to a matter of consensus. If I am in a room with 12 other people, and they are all smoking pot, and I hate pot and am allergic to it, and it can kill me to even see pot, then if I go there and hang out with them and say how much I can't stand it, I am wrong.

If I am in a room with 12 other people, and I light up a doobie, and try to pass it around, and am informed by all that they do not appreciate me smoking pot there, because they all think it's morally wrong, unhealthy, etc., then if I tell them where to stick it and keep doing what I'm doing, I am wrong.

As much as I love being a little kid in SL, and as tempting as it is to go to some pretty playground full of other kids (who are mostly standing around silently doing whatever it is they do), past experience has taught me that if I go to those places, I will be not only disappointed, but often rather disgusted and offended by the time I leave. Every time I have ever complained, I have been told to fudge off. Everyone else liked the place that way, so I was wrong.

And that's not even on Adult sims.

The best thing a person can do when they see keywords in a search result that they do not like is to avoid visiting that sim or region, I think. It's what I do. Nobody could ever manage such a complex and huge beast as SL, and somehow prevent everyone everywhere from being offended. If someone's paying for a sim, and they want to play their "dirty" fantasies out there, they have the freedom to do so.

And really, I'd rather they found consenting partners to play fantasy games with than sit out there in RL, playing the same games in their head, and having only the real world to play in, and the unconsenting to play with.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.