Problem with Older Tattoos on Lelutka EvoX Heads

Azraiel134

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tried my hand at searching for this specific problem but no dice - so here I go, crowdsourcing my answer from folks a helluva lot more knowledgeable lol

Avi:
- Body: Legacy Male
- Head: Lelutka EvoX DEVON 3.1

Issue:
When I attempt to use some tattoos, specifically for the face, it places the tattoo across the top of the head instead of properly centered over the face.

Is there any way to tweak the item to get it to work or am I SoL?

Would I be better off attempting to contact the seller/creator and see if they've got a copy in the works for EvoX heads or just driving on and trying to find something else?

you can set the head to non evox in the main hud, so the tattoo will place as intended, but you'll reset all for the head with that. Also beards, brows, skin, hairbase will shift to the "old" placement.

Meaning if you disable evox and choose for the standard placement, your head will respond to all layers.

• Like 2

If it's an old tattoo that was made for the "regular" lelutka head, it won't work on evox because the UV map on evox is different. 

Of course you can try to reach out to the creator and ask if they can update it to evox (this should only take them about a few minutes actually), or completely go back to non-evox which means you will need a new skin, and everything else worn on the head while it will be hard to find anything for that other than old products. If these options don't work for you, you will probably have to find a different tattoo. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Ganymede Gynoid said:

Same problem with Lelutka head. A new tattoo replaces the evox tattoo. I want to continue with evox because it makes my head much better. Are the tattoos I use wrong? If so, can I change them to not cover my head? Or is this all simply a mistake of Lelutka?

If it's an EvoX tattoo placed over an EvoX head skin, you need to ADD and not WEAR.  You can ADD several tattoo layers onto your EvoX head.  You are using it in EvoX mode, correct?  You're using BOM tattoos and not applies?

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick answer, Rowan. I will try ADD instead of WEAR. Yes I am in evox mode. Maybe some tattoos are not compatible with evox? I have to find out if and which appliers I wear.

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If it's an EvoX tattoo placed over an EvoX head skin, you need to ADD and not WEAR.  You can ADD several tattoo layers onto your EvoX head.  You are using it in EvoX mode, correct?  You're using BOM tattoos and not applies?

Just now, Ganymede Gynoid said:

Thanks for the quick answer, Rowan. I will try ADD instead of WEAR. Yes I am in evox mode. Maybe some tattoos are not compatible with evox? I have to find out if and which appliers I wear.

Appliers for tattoos won't work for most tattoos on the Lelutka head.  I know eyebrows, eyelashes, eyeshadow and lipsticks can be applied though.   The Tattoo must be on the tattoo layer, the little dragon looking icon, and must be made specifically for EvoX.  

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

On 7/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, Ganymede Gynoid said:

It worked! Using ADD instead of WEAR!!! I always thought it doesn't matter which of the two I used. Thank you very much, Rowan!!!

Just FYI ... I almost always use "Add" and not "Wear" ... it prevents mishaps like one item knocking another item off, especially when you're dealing with BoM and anything layered.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:22 AM, ashleypayton0 said:

If it's an old tattoo that was made for the "regular" lelutka head, it won't work on evox because the UV map on evox is different. 

Of course you can try to reach out to the creator and ask if they can update it to evox (this should only take them about a few minutes actually), or completely go back to non-evox which means you will need a new skin, and everything else worn on the head while it will be hard to find anything for that other than old products. If these options don't work for you, you will probably have to find a different tattoo. 

I was happy to have found this thread as I was coming to suspect the reason some of my fave old face tattoos are now applying to the top of my head was because they were Evolution but not EvoX.  Sigh... but thanks for the information!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.