so sorry about the spam. i just need help

Subscribedd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I usually find items on flickr, twitter, or ask people. However my search bar in firestorm won't show me anything... I have to get TP's from people or the tp landmarks sent to me.

Which is why i usually come here...

I can't message the people of these photos because they turned off their inbox messages. and if i post on their twitter, I will be blocked. Happened once with a creator, just asked a simple question about a head and got blocked... I just want to know what the name of these head wings are.

https://prnt.sc/RcwQxXqZADx3

https://prnt.sc/Y_MIbQFWHZR1

And this sweater:

https://prnt.sc/EiyV9FNYMu9A

Edited by Subscribedd

13 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

So I usually find items on flickr, twitter, or ask people. However my search bar in firestorm won't show me anything... I have to get TP's from people or the tp landmarks sent to me.

I am curious what you mean by 'search bar in Firestorm'?

Is this what you are referring to:

image.png.654675e239e7b30c08316311c0b63dd3.png

Search in the viewer is via:

image.png.c5082b0aea4d844b34dace9f0c205433.png

The first image is of the "Address BAR" and the second is the "Search PANEL".

The second item is more helpful for finding things in SL. But it is difficult to use when looking for specific things.

For things like what you are looking for, try searching in the Marketplace. While that search is still pretty lame when compared to the big RL search engines it is more likely to at least get you some leads or direction for where you might look.

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Word of caution - the creator of Krankhous left SL and multiplied all their Marketprice prices by 500% upon doing so.

Yeah, that was pretty mean of them. Prospective buyers will have to decide if they're willing to pay that much for old stock with no support.

On 5/4/2023 at 10:26 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

I am curious what you mean by 'search bar in Firestorm'?

Is this what you are referring to:

image.png.654675e239e7b30c08316311c0b63dd3.png

Search in the viewer is via:

The first image is of the "Address BAR" and the second is the "Search PANEL".

The second item is more helpful for finding things in SL. But it is difficult to use when looking for specific things.

For things like what you are looking for, try searching in the Marketplace. While that search is still pretty lame when compared to the big RL search engines it is more likely to at least get you some leads or direction for where you might look.

so in firestorm, at the bottom, the magnifying glass. I could type in someones name, or a place and it just says nothing found. its always done that, so people usually tp me

9 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

so in firestorm, at the bottom, the magnifying glass. I could type in someones name, or a place and it just says nothing found. its always done that, so people usually tp me

Try checking in here...

Prefs > Network & Files > Connection - 'Web Browser' to be set to either:
'Use the built-in browser for SecondLife links only'
or
'Use the built-in browser for all links'

14 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

You are misunderstanding how the viewer searches.

Notice that if you type a name into the "Enter keywords" field with the options as checked, you will NOT find people. You must tell the search app what type of information you are looking for.

In any event, there is no search in SL that will tell you where an avatar is. That would lead to WAY too much abuse from people who want to harass. So people will always have to TP you.

In your Friends list you can give permission for a Friend to see where in SL you are. But there is no way for a person to know where you are unless you grant them that permission. There are apps that track people and reveal people's location. Most of those require your permission. There are sneaky ways to figure out where a person is. but they are not 100% reliable and require some effort and planning.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.