'You've marked yourself as a scripted agent'...

Feorie Frimon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I noticed that I wasn't able to teleport to specific regions randomly yesterday - Bellisseria in particular.  This had never happened to me before. The teleporting issue only seemed to start Wednesday, so I submitted a ticket for the Premium Plus account that was having the issue. I reached out to Chat Support this AM and I was told that I 'set myself as a scripted agent' and thats why I wasn't able to teleport into any Belli region.

So... I actually have a registered scripted agent (to Feorie Frimon, ironically) that I use for customer support. I am familar with the process of how to register them and what the rules for them are.

In my chat convo, I asked the CS Agent if they could see how it happened, but they said they were unable to see the audit trail. My concern is that they responded with when they closed the ticket:

""It appears that your account is one you self-identified as a scripted agent. Linden Home regions are now set to disallow scripted agents from accessing them. This is why you are unable to access your Linden Home." "

But I never did those processes to do that for my Feorie Frimon account - I never registered her as a scripted agent, and I deff didn't do anything on Tuesday or Wednesday that was out of the ordinary from what I literally do every day.  And I certainly didn't register as one Tuesday or Wednesday... 

My question: Does anyone else know if the viewer can flag you as an agent and change it in your account? 

8 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Viewers shouldn't affect the bot status of your account. Were you able to disable it from your account settings on the website?

I was, but I'm honestly pretty concerned. I know my password is secure, and I know I didn't do it...but the chat agent said that I 'self selected'.

I've been referred to make a JIRA ticket over it if I'd like to find out the cause, but it's my understanding that they usually don't get any attention unless they effect alot of people....and that leaves me still wondering how my account randomly turned to 'scripted agent status'.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You're not the first to be surprised that they were a bot. Another forum user reported the same thing, although he assumed that he himself had flipped the bot switch. Maybe it's some sort of bot flu.

Ooooh..really? Can you point me to that thread?

The most logical thing to think is you did it yourself some time when you were clicking around in your accountpage/settings.

But as it seems to happen to more, it's good to have some threads about it so others who can't get their avi's in certain areas are able to find where to look for solving it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.