Stilt Homes and Skyboxes

BobMorane1712

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own one f the Stilt Homes and was thinking of adding a skybox to it.

As far as I understood it I can use the same ammount of prims, that I have in my house in my skybox, as long as I set my skybox above 2000 meters.

I was chatting with a friend about that idea and she had tried it, but everything she wanted to put in her skybox was counted against the prim count of her Linden Home.

Have I misunderstood the whole Linden Home and Skybox thing or are doing something wrong?

Kaylee, and your friend, are correct.  A 1024 Bellisseria parcel has 351 LI available for you to use, which you may split up between your house on land and your skybox, however you wish.  The Linden Home (House) itself does not count against your 351 LI, but the skybox itself and anything else you rez on the parcel will count.

• Like 3

Also, this is some general advice on being thoughtful, not directed at you specifically.

If you are going to use your Linden Home solely as a skybox parcel with no intent to ever use the home or ground level, please consider moving to a less occupied theme, such as Chalet or Fantasy.  This maximizes the inventory of the more popular themes for those who really want them.

If you intend to use your home at all, or think you might at some point in the future and really like the theme and location, then by all means, hold onto it.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

If you are going to use your Linden Home solely as a skybox parcel with no intent to ever use the home or ground level, please consider moving to a less occupied theme, such as Chalet or Fantasy. 

or use your land allowance for a parcel on mainland and leave the Bellisseria homes for those that would actually like to use them. Why take a nice  home if you just want a skybox and waste the space?

• Moles
17 hours ago, BobMorane1712 said:

I own one f the Stilt Homes and was thinking of adding a skybox to it.

As far as I understood it I can use the same ammount of prims, that I have in my house in my skybox, as long as I set my skybox above 2000 meters.

I was chatting with a friend about that idea and she had tried it, but everything she wanted to put in her skybox was counted against the prim count of her Linden Home.

Have I misunderstood the whole Linden Home and Skybox thing or are doing something wrong?

I think you're just misunderstanding the "your home doesn't count against your Land Impact" part. The Linden Home on the ground that comes with the parcel does not count. All other objects (like a skybox or anything else) does count, no matter how high in the sky it is. You're just not as bound by some of the aspects of the covenant (keeping the home in theme for example) where a skybox is concerned.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, Matthieu Quander said:

Also, this is some general advice on being thoughtful, not directed at you specifically.

If you are going to use your Linden Home solely as a skybox parcel with no intent to ever use the home or ground level, please consider moving to a less occupied theme, such as Chalet or Fantasy.  This maximizes the inventory of the more popular themes for those who really want them.

If you intend to use your home at all or think you might at some point in the future and really like the theme and location, then by all means, hold onto it.  But more space is always nice.

Oh no worries I do use the Stilt House. I gave up my old Lindenhome, because I loved the look of the Stilt Houses.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.