i am a premium plus member and would like to trade in my log cabin for a 2048 sq. home. how do i do this

violagreen7567

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL has not yet released the 2048 Linden Homes.  In fact, they have not yet "revealed" them (that is, shown a demo of any).  So, if you want a 2048 parcel, for now you need to look at mainland or rent from a private estate.  

LL has not shared a target date for 2048 home availability, either.  They clearly are working on them, but personally I wouldn't expect release until mid-summer or later.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

LL has not yet released the 2048 Linden Homes.  In fact, they have not yet "revealed" them (that is, shown a demo of any).  So, if you want a 2048 parcel, for now you need to look at mainland or rent from a private estate.  

LL has not shared a target date for 2048 home availability, either.  They clearly are working on them, but personally I wouldn't expect release until mid-summer or later.

Tis sad but true.

Another sad thing. I recently decided to downgrade an alt to basic. I abandoned my Linden Home and downgraded but still have another week or so left on Premium. Subsequently I decide to check out some other themes but ACCESS DENIED. The error message suggested my payment method was suspect. In fact, my payment method is fine. 
And another sad thing. When you downgrade, you get a survey that appears to be trying to collect data on why you are downgrading. But it is MULTIPLE CHOICE, listing a bunch of usual reasons people quit. It’s like if you break up with someone only to have them tell you they were cheating the whole time. They also have a box for comments and I shared that I was downgrading because that alt had a mainland parcel courtesy of my land group.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Tis sad but true.

Another sad thing. I recently decided to downgrade an alt to basic. I abandoned my Linden Home and downgraded but still have another week or so left on Premium. Subsequently I decide to check out some other themes but ACCESS DENIED. The error message suggested my payment method was suspect. In fact, my payment method is fine. 
And another sad thing. When you downgrade, you get a survey that appears to be trying to collect data on why you are downgrading. But it is MULTIPLE CHOICE, listing a bunch of usual reasons people quit. It’s like if you break up with someone only to have them tell you they were cheating the whole time. They also have a box for comments and I shared that I was downgrading because that alt had a mainland parcel courtesy of my land group.

I believe you can undo the downgrade and access houses again.. then redo teh downgrade on the last day of the term .. unless you decide to keep a house. You can also contact support chat for help with this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Tis sad but true.

unless they closed the possibility, after starting the process to downgrade, you still can donate the tier level to a group till the last minute of the premium subscription.

4 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I believe you can undo the downgrade and access houses again.. then redo teh downgrade on the last day of the term .. unless you decide to keep a house. You can also contact support chat for help with this.

Yes. In my case, I have other alts that can check out homes. My point is that my expectation is to have FULL use of a service until I reach the end date, regardless of renewal status.

35 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yes. In my case, I have other alts that can check out homes. My point is that my expectation is to have FULL use of a service until I reach the end date, regardless of renewal status.

That is a reasonable expectation. I totally agree with you. I think they have a reason why they do that, because the downgrade cant work if a home is owned... but still...

I had an extreme case of this:  I downgraded an alt from Premium Plus to Premium about 4 or 5 days before the annual term ended AND that alt (still premium plus) wasn't allowed to see houses either... even though the premium level she was downgrading to is still a level that allows you to get a linden home. I filed a ticket on it and got a IM response while I was afk... I answered it about an hour later and the linen replied "I am busy now but will look into it tomorrow." That was not fixed. My premium plus downgrading to premium was not allowed to get a linden home until the downgrade to premium was complete.

To me that is a seriously broken system.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, violagreen7567 said:

Has there been any update on the new 2048 homes, i am looking forward to them coming out and being able to move to one.  hope they come out soon. 

The ranch homes (the first 2048 theme) released a few months back. There's a post about it on the thread you were linked to before. However, because it was a few months back, they're full quite a bit of the time and you have to check back and be quick when one comes available. You can check what's available even if you have a house now, as they updated the land page. You can find that here: https://secondlife.com/land/lindenhomes

It's also possible there will be another 2048 theme at some point, which will mean more houses available. But I'd suggest you want to check in on this more than once ever 2-4 months, as it means you'll miss launches. I assume the forum isn't really your bag, so you might be better off joining the inworld group Bellisseria Citizens as there will be notices and a lot of discussion.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 6:05 PM, violagreen7567 said:

Has there been any update on the new 2048 homes, i am looking forward to them coming out and being able to move to one.  hope they come out soon. 

They just released another bunch, so now. Go now. I will hit a bunch of reactions and stuff in the hopes you do check the forum sometimes.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.