Pay and then pay again?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something I just noticed today. Maybe it was there all along, but it didn't sink in until today. I pay tier to the region owner for a 1024 parcel in a private region. That particular 1024 is also added to my mainland sq m's...so I am paying LL tier on that, too. If this is fair, that I should pay twice for one parcel, then I wish somebody would explain WHY. Thanks ahead of time.

Edited by Cate Foulsbane
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Something I just noticed today. Maybe it was there all along, but it didn't sink in until today. I pay tier to the region owner for a 1024 parcel in a private region. That particular 1024 is also added to my mainland sq m's...so I am paying LL tier on that, too. If this is fair, that I should pay twice for one parcel, then I wish somebody would explain WHY. Thanks ahead of time.

Something doesn't make sense here. If the lot is on a private region it shouldn't affect the amount of "tier" you pay. Where is the parcel, exactly?

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Are you saying you're paying for premium to have 1024 worth of linden home or mainland, you picked mainland to use your 1024 but also have to pay rent to the land owner why you have to do that? if so land is not free unless it comes with a linden home. edit: land is not usually free**

Edited by benchthis

There are three things that you can do with your 1024 sqm allowance.

1.  Get a Linden Home

2.  Purchase a 1024 sqm plot on Mainland and pay no additional fees.

3.  Donate the allowance to a group that has "Group Owned Land"

Your 1024 sqm allowance has no effect on an Estate.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm guessing the confusion is that if you go to the "My Mainland" page, it shows private region land as well. But you're not charged for that via the regular tier payments and it can't count for your included tier. It should say 0 under the "Billable Size" column if it's on a private region. If there's a value in the "Billable Size" column, it's mainland or a Linden Home.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Something doesn't make sense here. If the lot is on a private region it shouldn't affect the amount of "tier" you pay. Where is the parcel, exactly?

I don't want to put the name/location into such a public place....but it is private region. My landlord pays a company for the A land and then he divides the A land into B parcels. I pay my landlord monthly tier for my B parcel. I also have quite a bit of mainland land and pay LL tier for the sq m's. I get 1024 free (Linden home) from LL but that isn't counted in my total mainland tier. What IS counted, and which boggles my mind, is my B parcel on PRIVATE land for which I pay a monthly tier. I pay tier to LL for mainland sq m's and I pay LL for PRIVATE sq m's. I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Perrie Juran said:

There are three things that you can do with your 1024 sqm allowance.

1.  Get a Linden Home

2.  Purchase a 1024 sqm plot on Mainland and pay no additional fees.

3.  Donate the allowance to a group that has "Group Owned Land"

Your 1024 sqm allowance has no effect on an Estate.

Thanks #3. If my premium 1024 is donated land is free? or depends on owner?

17 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I'm guessing the confusion is that if you go to the "My Mainland" page, it shows private region land as well. But you're not charged for that via the regular tier payments and it can't count for your included tier. It should say 0 under the "Billable Size" column if it's on a private region. If there's a value in the "Billable Size" column, it's mainland or a Linden Home.

I just checked again. My land page shows two places I own,. the one freebee 1024. and the private A place but shows no billable size for that one. It adds up to 15,440. I then go to the tier levels page and it says I have 16464 sq m's. When I subtract 15, 440 from 16464, I get 1024. Ok Ok I am horrible with maths. But does this make sense? I don't have a lot of hair so I don't want to start ripping out even a few strands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

There's no way for LL to charge you for land you rent from another resident which is what you're doing on the Private estate.   

That's what I assume. But it sure seems screwy. Has to be ME and the way I figure out numbers. Arg!

18 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

I don't want to put the name/location into such a public place....but it is private region. My landlord pays a company for the A land and then he divides the A land into B parcels. I pay my landlord monthly tier for my B parcel. I also have quite a bit of mainland land and pay LL tier for the sq m's. I get 1024 free (Linden home) from LL but that isn't counted in my total mainland tier. What IS counted, and which boggles my mind, is my B parcel on PRIVATE land for which I pay a monthly tier. I pay tier to LL for mainland sq m's and I pay LL for PRIVATE sq m's. I don't get it.

Can't blame you about not wanting to post location. Can you tell us how large your parcel is?

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you are living on someone else's private region, it's not really "tier", it's more like you are paying "rent". "Tier" only applies when you "own" a mainland parcel or a Linden Premium home.

I get that...rent versus tier...but am used to it being referred to that way and got really confused when a mysterious 1024 showed up. 

1 minute ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

I get that...rent versus tier...but am used to it being referred to that way and got really confused when a mysterious 1024 showed up. 

I'd send billing support a ticket or chat live during business hours. I've been billed in error before. Could be glitch. 

Just now, benchthis said:

Can't blame you about not wanting to post location. Can you tell us how large your parcel is?

Yes, the private parcel is 1024. I have my 1024 Linden neat and tidy ticky tacky suburban house and also a ramshackle joint on a bayou with some bugs and chickens and weeds and stuff which, thankfully, no gators have had for dinner...yet. Somehow all of that is on a 1024. Two parcels, each 1024..one is free and one I pay rent/tier for on a monthly basis.

1 minute ago, benchthis said:

I'd send billing support a ticket or chat live during business hours. I've been billed in error before. Could be glitch. 

I bother those people so much. I'm afraid they will get fed up and toss me out! I think it's best I have a good talk with my accountant (my partner) and have HIM figure out what is going on with either billing or my brain. I appreciate all the advice, folks! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Yes, the private parcel is 1024. I have my 1024 Linden neat and tidy ticky tacky suburban house and also a ramshackle joint on a bayou with some bugs and chickens and weeds and stuff which, thankfully, no gators have had for dinner...yet. Somehow all of that is on a 1024. Two parcels, each 1024..one is free and one I pay rent/tier for on a monthly basis.

lol I'd deff send support a ticket or chat with them tomorrow by going to your account page and on the right there's a support I think and you'll have to wait for the little chat bubble to come up you might get boxy autobot just ask to speak to someone if he'll let you, not sure how much trouble it is to get to chat with real person, but when you do they'll take care of you. 

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Does your total monthly cost match up to just your mainland?

Uh....I don't know how to answer that question. My current cost includes land I have dumped or sold and will remain that way til next month. I am currently in change mode which is why I looked at my tier level in the first place...praying I can see it go down, downer, downest.

10 minutes ago, benchthis said:

lol I'd deff send support a ticket or chat with them tomorrow by going to your account page and on the right there's a support I think and you'll have to wait for the little chat bubble to come up you might get boxy autobot just ask to speak to someone if he'll let you, not sure how much trouble it is to get to chat with real person, but when you do they'll take care of you. 

Yeah, i know...they have been so good to me re: land stuff I mangle. I could tell stories..but I wont. Last time my brain shorted, and I accidentally dumped a ton of land, I used that route and ended up with a helpful  LL who spent a good half hour with me trying his best..and never once seemed about to shoot me. My partner now calls him Saint Linden.  I will wait a bit before I bother those folks yet again.

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP AND ADVICE..THANK YOU ALL! i AM NOW TAKING MY HEADACHE TO BED. 

Edited by Cate Foulsbane
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cate Foulsbane said:

Uh....I don't know how to answer that question. My current cost includes land I have dumped or sold and will remain that way til next month. I am currently in change mode which is why I looked at my tier level in the first place...praying I can see it go down, downer, downest.

I was meaning where it shows your land holdings.. The costs for the private region land shouldn't show up in the total at the bottom, just what the mainland costs you..

25 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

I just checked again. My land page shows two places I own,. the one freebee 1024. and the private A place but shows no billable size for that one. It adds up to 15,440. I then go to the tier levels page and it says I have 16464 sq m's. When I subtract 15, 440 from 16464, I get 1024. Ok Ok I am horrible with maths. But does this make sense? I don't have a lot of hair so I don't want to start ripping out even a few strands.

i missed this message i love numbers i cross my eyes, blur them a bit. you think your being charged for the extra 1024? if you recently enrolled in premium plus for additional benefits it comes with an extra 1024. like premium was 1024 premium plus is 2048 so you get extra 1024. It came with when you in theory upgraded to premium plus?

you crunched your land numbers and got more unaccounted for land difference of 1024. 

LL has no idea that you rent a parcel from another landlord on a private parcel.  Mainland tier is only paid directly to LL when you own mainland.  But I think you already knew that.  

There is sort of a weird bug though if you rent a parcel on a private region and the private parcel owner sets the land for you to buy in your name AND you already own land on the mainland.  LL says this might increase your tier cost, if you also own mainland as a Premium member.  It made me do a double take before I rented the land on a private region.  But it had no effect on my LL tier, just a strange bug in their land purchase page warning messages.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.