Can't rez cluster

Skylar2019x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a weird problem ive never had in over 6 years. I had a bunch of things that I ( i guess its called soft linked) where i chose all the items in edit mode... I didnt actually link them together. I then took them into my inventory so that i could rez the cluster at a new location... Mind you been doing this often for years... This time it wouldnt rez...I would hear the sound as if it did, then 20 or 30 seconds later, it would be right back into my inventory without any message about it... I thought maybe part of it was rezzing onto another property where i didnt have rez rights, but ive tried rezzing it at a full sim where i have rights...still nothing.. So im at a loss right now...anyone know why this may be happening..?

Edited by Skylar2019x

12 answers to this question

This is a reasonably common problem, common enough that we get the question a few times a year in this forum.  Here's what the Knowledge Base tells you:

Caveats about coalesced objects

• Rezzing a coalesced object near a parcel/region boundary may result in objects being returned to inventory.
  • Coalesced objects have prim limits because the time required to rez them can exceed the capacities of Second Life's servers, causing problems when Residents attempt to take complex coalesced objects into inventory. To rez an object that exceeds the prim limit, create a support ticket requesting that the object be broken into a set of smaller objects.
  • Parcel owners can rez Linden trees. When using the Click-Drag-Select method for your content, make sure the selection area does not contain Linden trees unless you are planning to rez the coalesced object on a parcel that you own. Take the same precautions when using Shift-Select.

I suggest submitting a support case or, if you are a Premium member, getting on Live Chat to ask for Linden help. They have tools for helping to subdivide overstuffed coalesced objects or objects that contain hard-to-rez items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An unattached "group" of individual objects is referred to as "coalesced" in Second Life.

I don't have any initial ideas on what may happening with your "failed rezzing".   However, I do recall a lot of discussion where one user tried to rez things (in this case, individual not coalesced objects) on a sky platform onto the "floor" of a mesh house.  The objects would rez on ground or the neighboring property instead. The suggestion for that case was to not rez directly onto a Mesh surface (rez onto a prim instead, etc. then move the objects).

Can you tell us more about what you are trying to rez the coalesced objects a) "onto" - ground, prim, or mesh, and b) "where" - ground-level or in the sky - and if in the sky, how high?

My ideas may not the best, but they may give others ideas!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

An unattached "group" of individual objects is referred to as "coalesced" in Second Life.

I don't have any initial ideas on what may happening with your "failed rezzing".   However, I do recall a lot of discussion where one user tried to rez things (in this case, individual not coalesced objects) on a sky platform onto the "floor" of a mesh house.  The objects would rez on ground or the neighboring property instead. The suggestion for that case was to not rez directly onto a Mesh surface (rez onto a prim instead, etc. then move the objects).

Can you tell us more about what you are trying to rez the coalesced objects a) "onto" - ground, prim, or mesh, and b) "where" - ground-level or in the sky - and if in the sky, how high?

My ideas may not the best, but they may give others ideas!

I rezzed on Prim in the sky at 4000 meters, 1000 meters, 500 meters... I also tried rezzing on the ground millions of times... The cluster before rezzing says (no copy, no mod, no transfer) My all of the items should have been no copy no mod, being the were mystory items (if youre familiar with that)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skylar2019x said:

I rezzed on Prim in the sky at 4000 meters, 1000 meters, 500 meters... I also tried rezzing on the ground millions of times... The cluster before rezzing says (no copy, no mod, no transfer) My all of the items should have been no copy no mod, being the were mystory items (if youre familiar with that)

Thanks for the answer.  There was a recent thread / post about mystory, or I would not have known about it.  

I think your information on the items being "no copy, no mod, no transfer" will be helpful for other people when they see this and reply.  

Can you confirm that during the issue, you can also rez some other object (a simple single object or prim, not coalesced, etc.) without a problem in the same place?

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks for the answer.  There was a recent thread / post about mystory, or I would not have known about it.  

I think your information on the items being "no copy, no mod, no transfer" will be helpful for other people when they see this and reply.  

Can you confirm that during the issue, you can also rez some other object (a simple single object or prim, not coalesced, etc.) without a problem in the same place?

Yes.. I have no problem rezzing other items...mesh or non mesh..also have no problem creating an object in the same areas i tried to rezz my cluster...

• Like 1

Based on general knowledge and a couple tests, permissions shouldn't have any effect on whether you can rez something.

A no-copy/no-transfer/no-modify inventory item can be rezzed even when:

• it's just a single prim, no coalesced objects
  • it's a coalesced object with a no-copy no-trans no-mod object as part of it
  • it's a coalesced object with one no-copy, one no-trans, and one no-copy object as part of it
Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.