A kinky geek who is looking for friends to be weirdos with!

Meatball2020

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody, can call me Alfie or Alf. I am a born, and raised metalhead, and a geek! I am fairly new here but didn't have a chance to make many friends. Looking for people who are willing to sit down and catch, and exchange some favorite songs or movies to talk about them afterward? Talk about geeky stuff and I am also a rigger so can be some debate over a kinky topic as well. I like brain opener conversations. 

If you are interested, just say hi. I am from Europe and am mostly online during evening hours. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just curious of what is a rigger? I tried to look it up but there was so many that showed up.. hehehehe

A person who rigs bondage ropes. Rope artists, for the most part.

Why do I know this?

*wanders off to contemplate life*

Edit: Wait, since I'm here...

Hey OP! Not a metalhead, but I am a rivethead (long time industrial fan), so I suppose that's close? Sup!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rope masters are often referred to a "Kinbakushi" after the Japanese art of binding with ropes called kinbaku. In the West, you'll find the terms kinbaku and shibari used interchangeably, however in traditional rope binding they are two different art forms, usually denoted by one being a more aesthetically driven art form, while the other is the act of binding with ropes that includes a sexual element. They can be used interchangeably, and in Japan they sometimes are, but context is important, both in the person you are speaking to, and the intent of the act. You'll find debates all over the map on the use of the two terms.

As @Ayashe Ninetails said ...

Why do I know this?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

A person who rigs bondage ropes. Rope artists, for the most part.

Why do I know this?

Edit: Wait, since I'm here...

Hey OP! Not a metalhead, but I am a rivethead (long time industrial fan), so I suppose that's close? Sup!

Thank you, I'm so terrible at what is called what.. It's like names and faces.. I know the face but terrible with names until i see the face.. hehehe

ETA: Also to the OP, Welcome to Second Life, which i should have said in my first post.. Also I hope my curiosity doesn't derail your topic too much..:$

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thank you, I'm so terrible at what is called what.. It's like names and faces.. I know the face but terrible with names until i see the face.. hehehe

Lol, very welcome. I am a fountain of the most random knowledge. Glad to finally be of service for once. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

ETA: Also to the OP, Welcome to Second Life, which i should have said in my first post.. Also I hope my curiosity doesn't derail your topic too much..:$

Don't worry, someone will..show you the ropes.

3B325707-FCB4-4C6F-8232-39B16E0FA7A6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What is a rigger?

In the context of SL, often used as slang for someone who can do weight painting to make an attachment (clothing) move with your body when worn. Probably not what the OP was referring to in this case though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

In the context of SL, often used as slang for someone who can do weight painting to make an attachment (clothing) move with your body when worn. Probably not what the OP was referring to in this case though.

That's what I thought they meant.

• Like 1

Omg, I forgot this was here and all the lovely comments, thanks. Well as much as I can show people the ropes, it would be glad if any want to show me around SL and some lovely sims. I couldn't go far beyond dancing avatars and some random people I met which I have never seen before. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just curious of what is a rigger? I tried to look it up but there was so many that showed up.. hehehehe

it is the person who does the cable work to insure a payload is safe to be lifted by a crane it is also the person who insures parachutes are safe either way high stress job that people's lives are dependent upon it being done well

Fun fact the person in charge of the rigging on a ship is the Boatswain or  bo's'n, bos'n, or bosun depending on where your from

Edited by Vanessa Amethyst
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.