Slander/Defamation/Death Threats: Is Linden Labs Going To Stop This?

thefloofyvixen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone. I'm struggling with a user who continues to slander and defame me with false information. This person will lie on their profile and highly exaggerate details about me that are all lies. They have admitted to me in the past they do this to get my attention and attention from other people since they think no one listens to them. So therefore they must "exaggerate" details even if it's to lie and hurt me in the process. They don't care about my well being at all. As long as they get the attention they want from people and if the strangers believe their lies, then it reinforces their toxic behavior to keep doing this repeatedly.

I don't know why people out there do this :( I suffer from depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts because of their violent behavior. It makes me afraid to live in general. Sometimes I've thought of what it's like to not exist. They even messaged once how wishing me success of offing myself. In case anyone is worried and concerned, I am getting help irl with this from a professional. It's taking time of course to heal myself from the trauma and emotional scars :(

This is the same person who has told me they wish I could die from covid and threaten to burn anything I personally gave them irl. The gift was from a deceased relative of mine irl.

Then they pretend they are completely innocent to strangers and friends, saying I'm the one to blame. This person has caused me a great deal of harm projecting their problems onto me. It doesn't make it okay for them to slander and defame me though. That is illegal to do right? Anyway, I don't know what to do about this slandering. I have filed reports and still they keep slandering me, calling me horrible names like it's high school. I made sure to include screenshots with the report along with their username. And yes I filed the report in world. I don't know if the report will do anything since in the past nothing happened after my report. How likely are Linden Labs going to actually step up and do something? I use SL for shopping for clothes, seeing stores in world, going to shopping events, taking artistic photos of my outfits, and going to scenic sims since they are so pretty.

Thanks for reading and listening.

13 answers to this question

4 hours ago, thefloofyvixen said:

I have long since blocked them.

mute/block - derender if you have a tpv and not at last but next to it ... ignore and move on to other places for a while.
Be sure there are no alts on your friendslist, and have no favorite destinations in your profile.

• Like 2

Thank you for your reply and yes I have done this several times in the past. I have yet to see any action done by Linden Labs. I don't know if they sweep my reports under the rug or if they really do take action. And I hope they do take action for real this time. It's getting out of hand with this :(

27 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If they are mentioning you by name in their profile .. file an abuse report.

Linden Labs really needs to put an end to slandering and take swift action. I know they have a lot of work on their plate with fixing bugs and improving SL in general. I hope they can also take care of abuse reports too.

16 minutes ago, sandi Mexicola said:

I recommend that you stop reading their profile and then block them.  

Good recommendation thank you. I'm mostly frustrated that Linden Labs isn't doing anything to make SL a more safer place. I have long since blocked them.

Edited by thefloofyvixen
Forgot an important detail.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

mute/block - derender if you have a tpv and not at last but next to it ... ignore and move on to other places for a while.
Be sure there are no alts on your friendslist, and have no favorite destinations in your profile.

These are great suggestions. Thank you Alwin. It's good to be weary of suspicious accounts.

On 3/13/2023 at 1:01 PM, RebeccaDufrayer said:

block and report

Yup I know this already from all the others who have told me the same thing. I have already done from past replies. The user is still active sadly no matter what I do to report :( Seems like reporting doesn't do anything. I wonder if reporting has worked for anyone at all for abuse......................

Edited by thefloofyvixen

7 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

If you have muted and blocked them, why are you bothering to keep checking their profile? Let them fade from your memory like a bad dream. Right now they are living in your head rent free. 

Ever since I blocked them, I haven't been checking their profile. Don't know why you think I am still, and I'm not. I never implied this at all. Thanks for your concern though. No need to worry so much about me 🙏❤️ My main complaint is that SL seems like they aren't doing anything about these abuse reports. If they are doing anything, then that's good. That is all :)

I thank all of you for your suggestions. If anyone reading has had any success with an abuse reports actually being taken care of, let me know, otherwise I have already been told good advice from everyone here. Thank you so much everyone. I do hope they actually do something this time.

Edited by thefloofyvixen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thefloofyvixen said:

Yup I know this already from all the others who have told me the same thing. I have already done from past replies. The user is still active sadly no matter what I do to report :( Seems like reporting doesn't do anything. I wonder if reporting has worked for anyone at all for abuse......................

If you have muted and blocked them, why are you bothering to keep checking their profile? Let them fade from your memory like a bad dream. Right now they are living in your head rent free. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Be safe out there.

Edited by thefloofyvixen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.