can I edit anything on my purchased land?

VexDarkness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a nice little house in the woods (512m2). But when managing my land in-world, I get this: "You are now the owner of 0 objects that came with your purchased land".

What does this mean? I'd like to build on my house and yard.  Help please. 😁

That's a strange message. I'm guessing it was left-over from purchasing land that was set to sell with the objects on the parcel, and either there were no objects at all or none of them were transferrable. But I'm also guessing that you've long since ignored it and gone ahead and build and otherwise started enjoying your new land.

• Haha 1

Actually, I haven't built anything at all; yet. lol  My main reason for the question is to see if I can edit the house on my land.  That was the whole reason I bought it.  How can I tell if I can modify the house and other objects? Thanks!

50 minutes ago, VexDarkness said:

Actually, I haven't built anything at all; yet. lol  My main reason for the question is to see if I can edit the house on my land.  That was the whole reason I bought it.  How can I tell if I can modify the house and other objects? Thanks!

it might be you stepped in the trap we see quite often in parcelsales.. sold with a house, but the house is mostly ónly "at use" of the new owner, as it is no transfer, and not being the owner, you can't edit it.
As long it's mentioning that the house isn't included in the sale, when advertising, it's not illegal to do so, but it's often easely lost in the txt for a buyer.

If you want your house fully owned you have to remove this one and rezz your own.

Edited by Juan Marques
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Juan Marques said:

it might be you stepped in the trap we see quite often in parcelsales.. sold with a house, but the house is mostly ónly "at use" of the new owner, as it is no transfer, and not being the owner, you can't edit it.
As long it's mentioning that the house isn't included in the sale, when advertising, it's not illegal to do so, but it's often easely lost in the txt for a buyer.

If you want your house fully owned you have to remove this one and rezz your own.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.  The seller said I can just "return" everything that I don't want.....hmm....

2 hours ago, VexDarkness said:

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.  The seller said I can just "return" everything that I don't want.....hmm....

Sellers like to decorate the parcel they sell, they believe it is faster to sell than an empty parcel. But if you want to edit some of it, you must have permission to edit their stuff.

And no one will give out permission, because it is no way to control what or where you can edit of their things. So your only option is, as already said, to return it.

I rented land once, where I could move things that were set to group, when I had the land group active.

But I do not think it's common practice?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VexDarkness said:

Yeah, that happened with one of my rented parcels. It came with some landscaping, some of which I liked and some of which was in the way, and I asked the landlord if I could move it. She said no, but I could return it to her. So I left some of it there and returned the rest to her.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Sellers like to decorate the parcel they sell, they believe it is faster to sell than an empty parcel. But if you want to edit some of it, you must have permission to edit their stuff.

And no one will give out permission, because it is no way to control what or where you can edit of their things. So your only option is, as already said, to return it.

I rented land once, where I could move things that were set to group, when I had the land group active.

But I do not think it's common practice?

Okay thanks for the feedback!

9 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Yeah, that happened with one of my rented parcels. It came with some landscaping, some of which I liked and some of which was in the way, and I asked the landlord if I could move it. She said no, but I could return it to her. So I left some of it there and returned the rest to her.

I think I'll just return everything and make my own stuff.  No worries. 😁

On 3/3/2023 at 7:06 PM, VexDarkness said:

I think I'll just return everything and make my own stuff.  No worries. 😁

That's the best route usually, unless the seller has landscaped and decorated to your exact tastes and needs. It's actually fun learning how to to the landscaping and the variety of smal home, decor, landscape items that you can acquire and to amazing things within your parcel's land impact limit. Smaller parcels are a challenge with only 175 prims, but there are lots of posts in the house forums that show off the stunning designs tiny home owners manage.

Given that you only bought 512, I'd suggest keeping the main structure to under 30LI if you can. There are some amazing cabins and container homes that rock that wil fall into that category. For example, check this one out ... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cabin-Noir-includes-2-versions-withwithout-snow/13658370

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

That's the best route usually, unless the seller has landscaped and decorated to your exact tastes and needs. It's actually fun learning how to to the landscaping and the variety of smal home, decor, landscape items that you can acquire and to amazing things within your parcel's land impact limit. Smaller parcels are a challenge with only 175 prims, but there are lots of posts in the house forums that show off the stunning designs tiny home owners manage.

Given that you only bought 512, I'd suggest keeping the main structure to under 30LI if you can. There are some amazing cabins and container homes that rock that wil fall into that category. For example, check this one out ... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cabin-Noir-includes-2-versions-withwithout-snow/13658370

I ended up buying a cozy, 2 floor, 2 bedroom house with a cobblestone porch and in ground pool. :)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.