MAV_BLOCK_MISSING workarounds

MelodicRain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a jewelry mesh that has many tiny parts, which is getting the infamously cryptic "MAV_BLOCK_MISSING" error during upload. I've Googled for the last hour and already tried every workaround proposed:

• Add a simple physics file like a cube to uploader
  • Add a simple mesh like a cube directly to the model
  • Minimize lowest/low/mid LOD in uploader

None of them work, even when trying all 3 together. Are there any other known workarounds for this error?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If memory serves, you have to upload less parts, then link them together inworld. Just saw another thread with similar questions.

It works if the mesh only contains 1 link. The moment it goes to 2 or more links the error pops up. I'm pretty sure the uploader can accept meshes with more than 1 link. Upload cost goes up insanely high if I have to separate one model into like 10 different parts to upload.

@arton Rotaruis likely right, use the scale control on the uploader to make the import larger, or scale it in your mesh editor before export. There are problems doing this because you cannot always easily scale it back down.

It "might" be helpful to see the debug output of the log tab of the mesh uploader (though it might not shed further light) 

Mesh Asset Validation failures are ALWAYS because some part of the upload preparation has resulted in an invalid mesh. My guess (and that is all it is) is that in the case of the tiny parts you are using, the likelihood is that the quantising of the mesh coordinates has resulted in a zero-size object that fails to match when searching for LODs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes that message is a false message. You just have to keep trying or re export the object and try again. Sometimes I will try again in an hour or the next day and it uploads fine. Sometimes using a different viewer helps. If the mesh really is messed up then even after trying in a day or so and a different viewer, then you can try and fix it. Hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest you add false parameters around your objects to tell SL it's bigger. If your items are tiny then the system doesn't know what size you actually wanted it. I recently did a project with a tiny bell on it that I needed as a link of it's own. I took a box, attached it to my bell in Blender, linking the box last. Apply the scale, with the box as your new root prim and either add a trans texture to the box or merge your vert on the box until you see nothing, but you have the parameters of that box. I'm not good at explaining this stuff so if you have problems understanding me don't hesitate to IM me in world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.