LL needs to implement a way to detect bots via script - urgently

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Rick Nightingale said:

I've just noticed that the wiki page for llGetAgentInfo now has Agent_Automated as a parameter. It's in red... not sure what that means and I don't have a bot handy to point the function at to see if it works. Even if it's not active yet, it clearly is going to be now.

agentautomated.png.6dd475ff238315a69c1ebdf54feceb70.png

It doesn't work yet.

• Like 2

I was near NCI and noticed a cluster of dots nearby, around 15 typical. Once I was on their parcel, which was bare land, I could see all these bots on a platform about 250 m in the sky. They all would leave and come back, in about 10 secs, as this was their Home location.  I collected about 60 names on this platform in the course of 15 mins, and as expected all had NO PIOF and a blank profile, and were about 1 year old. Would be helpful to know it these bots are registered agents.  Because it's obvious their purpose is to survey the grid 24/7.   I also recognized many of the names as cluttering up the ban list on my parcel orb.  Nothing new here, just curious to watch them in action.  You can find them on Ukanipo, on the Mainland.

BotsHomePlatformUkanipo_001.thumb.png.4f51a39270b6f3d59d14aca88880c6dc.png

This feature will be useful to recognize store bots, RP bots etc on the mini map. If I tp to a place and see a dot, I'd like to know if it's a bot or a human (not talking about traffic bots but store bots etc!) and I'm sure it's gonna get implemented as dot colour.

Edited by xDancingStarx

7 hours ago, xDancingStarx said:

This feature will be useful to recognize store bots, RP bots etc on the mini map. If I tp to a place and see a dot, I'd like to know if it's a bot or a human (not talking about traffic bots but store bots etc!) and I'm sure it's gonna get implemented as dot colour.

The new LSL function is not for changing colors on the mini-map. It is for scripters to write new scripts to detect scripted agents. So, unless I missed a post, I do not see a connection between the mini-map "colors" and the new LSL function. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rick Nightingale said:

I've just noticed that the wiki page for llGetAgentInfo now has Agent_Automated as a parameter. It's in red... not sure what that means and I don't have a bot handy to point the function at to see if it works. Even if it's not active yet, it clearly is going to be now.

agentautomated.png.6dd475ff238315a69c1ebdf54feceb70.png

It doesn't detect bots. It's only for returning whether or not an account is registered as a scripted agent. I.e. you can register yourself as a scripted agent, log in with a viewer and do your normal things, and it will tell a script that you are registered as a scripted agent, even though you are not a bot.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.