How do I sell/use my US dollars in My US$ Tilia Account Balance

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

23 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I apologize for the ignorant question, but I have cash in my Tilia account. How do I cash out/use it?

Thank you.

You can also leave it there and use it for your next L$ buy.  Or to pay Premium fees or Tier fees, if applicable.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can also leave it there and use it for your new L$ buy.  Or to pay Premium fees or Tier fees, if applicable.

Thanks, but I have a US dollar balance and I can't figure out how to use it. I can use my linden dollars but my US cash is just chillin looking at me, I would like to use it. And hi.

3 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thanks, but I have a US dollar balance and I can't figure out how to use it. I can use my linden dollars but my US cash is just chillin looking at me, I would like to use it. And hi.

If you do another L$ buy for anything, it will automatically use the US dollar balance before your payment method.  If you are Premium, the next time Premium fees or Tier fees come due, they would use the US dollar balance before your payment method.

If you do want to cash out, refer to the article Rolig posted.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Charolotte Caxton said:

When I buy lindens it is instant, it isn't the same for selling? 

Selling L$ can be instant or can take a while - depending on how you do it.

Picture below -- top is instant, bottom can be instant or take a while depending on the numbers you enter:

image.png.b6c91edec12955f88f9e19ea98768264.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

When I buy lindens it is instant, it isn't the same for selling?

It is, if you sell at the Market rate instead of using the Limit Sell option.  But you're already past that point.  You said that you already have US dollars in your account and wanted to simply transfer them out of SL.  You don't have to sell anything else. Just follow those Credit Transfer instructions and you are home free.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

It is, if you sell at the Market rate instead of using the Limit Sell option.  But you're already past that point.  You said that you already have US dollars in your account and wanted to simply transfer them out of SL.  You don't have to sell anything else. Just follow those Credit Transfer instructions and you are home free.

Thanks, I'll read it now, thank you. 

Ah, I see. I can't get my money, can I?

Process credit (withdrawal)

Please note that you may only process credit due to net proceeds from sales of Linden Dollars.

So, basically I can't touch my money? Unless I sell Lindens? Ok, so no cash out. That's cool. I'll just use it inworld. Thanks for your help, my apologies for wasting your time.

1 minute ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

But can't I just use it to buy Lindens and then sell them? Ugh, never mind. It's not even worth enough to deal with.

Wait a sec ....   Do you have L$ or do you have US dollars?   From what you said at the start, it sounded as if you had already sold your L$, so you have a USD cash balance.  If that's the case, then just transfer them to your PayPal account. DONE.

If you don't have a USD cash balance, so all you have is L$, then go ahead and sell them. THEN transfer the cash to your PayPal account.  DONE. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Wait a sec ....   Do you have L$ or do you have US dollars?   From what you said at the start, it sounded as if you had already sold your L$, so you have a USD cash balance.  If that's the case, then just transfer them to your PayPal account. DONE.

If you don't have a USD cash balance, so all you have is L$, then go ahead and sell them. THEN transfer the cash to your PayPal account.  DONE. 

You are correct, I do have a US balance, so just send it to PayPal?

Here's the answer:

Processing credit with Tilia

In order to stay in compliance with regulatory requirements, if you wish to  credit a portion of your U.S. Dollar balance to your PayPal or Skrill account  (known as processing a credit)  then you must provide certain personal information to verify your identity, including your:

• Name
  • Address
  • Date of birth
  • Social security number (or government-issued identification if you are not a U.S. Citizen).

You may also be required to provide additional information to complete the transaction. Tilia securely stores this information so that you should only need to provide it once.

14 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I have a US dollar balance and I can't figure out how to use it. I can use my linden dollars but my US cash is just chillin looking at me, I would like to use it.

Charolotte, if you are paying fees to LL, like land tier fees and Premium membership fees...

...just leave your USD balance alone. Let it sit there chillin'. When those fees come due, LL will draw first from your USD balance. If that doesn't cover it, then they will charge any remaining balance to your registered payment method.

Now, if you NEED $$ for some RL reason, then go through the Process Payment hoops to move some or all of your USD balance to PayPal. But otherwise, let it just be.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.