Best venues for romantic formal dancing?

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

In-world you can search for ballroom dancing. I consider most of the resulting places more romantic than not.

RMS Titantic aka Ship of Dreams, Milonguita @ Retrospect, Foxies - Formal Ballroom, and Japan TEMPURA Island

The in-world Destination Guide has a Music & Clubs category. That will take some trial and error testing.

I suppose it makes a difference whether you are taking someone out or going to meet someone.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, HopeOakley said:

.. a very elegant place with gold walls and classy decorations

The male looks very smart, but sadly the female looks like she just rolled in from the local ore house.

I prefer ballroom dance venues with a stricter dress code. It feels nice to make the effort, especially if everyone else has done too.

.. and preferably with couples dances that don't reset themselves every 20 seconds.

• Like 3

Frank's is what you want. They require formal or semiformal dress, and for a lot of the events you have to be a group member, which is expensive (which further keeps people from showing up who aren't into that vibe). There are a couple of different Frank's at this point. The one I'm a member of is called Franks Place Elite Club.

• 1 month later...

When I came to SL in 2009, I remember there were lots of formal elegant ballrooms and there were always some people dancing there. The other day my partner wore his new tux, I wore my best gown and we wanted to go dancing. Frank's was empty (that was the free one). Phat Cat's wasn't there anymore. Foxxie looked like in 2009 and only two bot couples seemed to dance there. You could hardly see them as the dancefloor was sooo big. Searching for ballroom in SL search only brought empty places. I know Midnight in Europe is 1 pm SLT but still there should be some people around? I then remembered that Fogbound was a thing 2 years ago, so we went there and met 60 avatars in one place. It was not formal and the music was totally not my taste. We both never got anyone really rezzed, just body parts moving around and horizontally flying pants and shirts.

So, isn't there any other place where you can dance in a formal, nicely decorated ballroom together with a few other couples anymore?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.