RL inspiration for SL

archangel969

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are of course wonderful things being created in SL by builders. I would like to eulogise for that! Without them, we cannot set up our land, let's be honest.

But sometimes you see things in RL that would be also wonderful in SL. Not for builders to recreate immediately, but for inspiration.

Today I saw such an RL inspiration thing on the internet. Bacchanalia restaurant in London with sculptures from Damien Hirst. Picture of the restaurant feels allready SL-like to be honest. Born to be on SL!

And you, fellow residents, do you have seen things in RL that could be an inspiration for SL?

Bacchanalia-London-Martin-Brudnizki-Damien-Hirst-Mayfair-restaurant_dezeen_2364x1329_col_0_HERO.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Oh, I just saw this post and it reminded me of the Tampa Theatre!  I think this must have been a design trend where there was a Spanish influence? Here is the Tampa Theater, built in 1926   a561b76a8797f423c2f8048ba633147b.jpg  3de495c3c5baf01a57216394014b8088.png 
7352cca7767ef60f7e14b8847833897e.jpg

Many Many detailed pictures inside and backstage here: https://www.cltampa.com/tampa/photos-one-year-later-tampa-theatre-reopened-to-the-public-last-weekend/Slideshow/12387847

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DevinVaughn said:

Oh, I just saw this post and it reminded me of the Tampa Theatre!  I think this must have been a design trend where there was a Spanish influence? 

I'm afraid there is nothing Spanish in that building, maybe just some Mexican inspiration, but definitely not Spanish

5 hours ago, DevinVaughn said:

Oh, I just saw this post and it reminded me of the Tampa Theatre!  I think this must have been a design trend where there was a Spanish influence? Here is the Tampa Theater, built in 1926   a561b76a8797f423c2f8048ba633147b.jpg  3de495c3c5baf01a57216394014b8088.png 
7352cca7767ef60f7e14b8847833897e.jpg

Many Many detailed pictures inside and backstage here: https://www.cltampa.com/tampa/photos-one-year-later-tampa-theatre-reopened-to-the-public-last-weekend/Slideshow/12387847

This theatre is wild! Beyond baroque.

• Like 1

I don't think the fairy tale castle and swan cave of the so called mad king from Bavaria, Ludwig II excists at Second Life. if anyone knows if there is a SL version, please tell me! I went straight to Bavaria to see it after seeing the movie Ludwig from Visconti.

5abaf92c713a7e2388ce60706c4b40af-feature.jpg

AKG7208.jpg

csm_Schloss_Neuschwanstein_im_Herbst_-_Front_3_cc7f855ebd.jpg

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 1:38 AM, Elena Core said:

I'm afraid there is nothing Spanish in that building, maybe just some Mexican inspiration, but definitely not Spanish

Interesting.  It reminds me of the colonial Spanish forts in Texas, New Mexico, California, and perhaps also Cuba, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Colonial_architecture

Tampa has large Cuban influence that can be seen in Ybor, so perhaps that might be a nod to Cuba?

Edited by DevinVaughn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevinVaughn said:

Interesting.  It reminds me of the colonial Spanish forts in Texas, New Mexico, California, and perhaps also Cuba, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Colonial_architecture

Tampa has large Cuban influence that can be seen in Ybor, so perhaps that might be a nod to Cuba?

It might be just a cultural perspective. In the US, the term 'Spanish' tends to be used when referring to colonial architecture. But then we see no link to our architecture here in Spain. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.