I am loving the new houseboat models

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really like all 4 models, and feel the moles did an excellent job on them. I wasn't planning to get/keep a houseboat, but when the announcement came out, I rushed to the land page (as did many others) to get it. I had to wait over well 24 hours to land a houseboat, but the one I landed on my first try was rather nice.

My original intention was not to keep it very long, I just wanted to look at the new models and play with them a little. But when I got my parcel and rezzed the new models -- I fell in love with them.

Only 1 of the models actually fit well in my parcel, with the windows at the right place for the parcel's view. But that is OK, I liked all 4 models so I would have been happy with any of them. These seem to be very nicely built and the layout is good and usable too.

By the time I finished decorating it, I knew this boat was a keeper. I like it very much.

I just have one suggestion/request. It would be nice if you could add a "rotate 180 degrees" feature to all of them, for better flexibility on placing them in the parcels for the best view.

• Like 3

• Moles

Linden Homes don't count against your parcel LI because they have a root that is anchored outside of the parcel. With houseboats, if the house was flipped or rotated the root would likely be on your parcel and the house would either get returned, overflow the parcel or use up most of your parcel's LI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

I think this thread somehow got misdirected. I was talking about how great a job the moles did on the new houseboats. I made an aside at the end that it would be even better if we could rotate them 180 degrees.

Somehow the focus got put on the rotation and not on how nice the new houseboat models are. That is what I had hoped this thread would focus on... because the moles really did do a good job on them.

• Like 5

I think they're really nice too, in fact I'm considering letting my own wonderful HB parcel go because none of the new models fit it very well.  I just saw a bunch of RL houseboats last week, when we went to watch Christmas Boats cruise past on the river here, and all the houseboats on both sides of the river looked like slightly shabby wooden frame houses.  Zero of them looked like the relatively slick original SL houseboats!

• Like 3

Nika... I totally hear what you are saying about the new boats not fitting your existing parcel. I had the same problem. The way they are rotated hides the amazing view and showed off the neighbor's house instead.  I use a Barnacle at that location because it faces the right direction and shows off the view perfectly. None of the new boats work well in that location either.

So I ended up getting a new lot.. which I originally expected to be temporary, just for a month. But the Dock Holiday fits that location perfectly and the effect wow-ed me. So now I have to decide... do I give up my original houseboat that I love and keep just the new one, or do I pay an extra $99 USD to keep both for the next year?

I imagine you may be facing a similar decision...

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fixed typo
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think they're really nice too, in fact I'm considering letting my own wonderful HB parcel go because none of the new models fit it very well.  I just saw a bunch of RL houseboats last week, when we went to watch Christmas Boats cruise past on the river here, and all the houseboats on both sides of the river looked like slightly shabby wooden frame houses.  Zero of them looked like the relatively slick original SL houseboats!

The lighted Christmas boat parade is really fun to watch!  I have seen a few sleek houseboats in RL, but you're right,  most are shabby and weathered.  

I have hopped around a bit recently, but my perfect houseboat location is eluding me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.