Best Body and head?

Clarke Millar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Katherine Heartsonggave you a good list for clothes in one of the first replies.

I like Cold Ash casual clothes. It is what you could wear in RL. Khaki shorts, nice jeans, t-shirts, shirts... 

No torn jeans hanging down your hips, they sit like classic jeans. Jeans for grown-ups.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, KjartanEno said:

In that case you'll often find clothing in the marketplace or in world made for either Jake or Gianni that won't ever become available for Legacy.

And most of that clothing has a way better alternative these days. With an exception of some very specific fantasy and RP focused clothing here and there.

I was actually recently sorting out my old outfits and clothes, and while it's female clothing it's still pretty much the same in this context. Earlier outfits even from a rather well know creators like Blueberry and Addams did not age well at all. Comparing their 2015 jeans (among first Maitreya rigged releases) and 2020+ ones it's day and night kind of difference. I wouldn't take those early 2015 these days even if they were free. Same valid for many rezzable things, too. A rare few did age a bit better, but vast majority of mesh furniture from 2012-2014 years I've found in my inventory went straight to the "backup" folder. Mesh itself is fine in many cases, but textures are far worse and can't be fixed without an UV for the said furniture pieces, plus ancient animations (can be replaced by other animations, but far too much work considering issue with textures).

But yeah, some exceptions here and there do exist. Clothing wise I think a few older (but still decent looking) outfits by Deadwool don't have Legacy size, and a few victorian outfits by ContraptioN before he started to rig for Legacy are also out there. Those slower, but more high quality creators do update things as well, though, just way slower.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

As I don't use Legacy male, I have no idea if the glitches in the upper body is fixed on it. @steeljane42say it's not, in a post over here. 

Regular Legacy Male never got a fix indeed. Legacy Athletic was released without that issue already. That's why I think Athletic is a better choice given how similar they look anyway. Although to be fair, unless someone walks around in just shorts as their only outfit, and that happens on high altitude (below 350-500m is fine), then it's all the same. Ground level is fine, and when it's all alphaed under clothes it also doesn't matter obviously.

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Signature takes good care of their customers

Creator kit is terrible, though. Like Maitreya's kit level of terrible. That's one of the main reasons why some creators dropped it, at least ones I know a bit. Legacy's kits are not super great either, however.

5 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

most of that clothing has a way better alternative these days

Hmmm, that really depends on the creator. There is as much new junk as there ever was old junk in my experience. I try demos from events and quality is all over the place. Those very few who do clothes exclusively for Legacy have yet to convince me that their t-shirts or jeans are any better than those I can buy at countless other stores that support more bodies.

Signature makes some very nice clothes for their bodies. Lapointe & Bastchild support all popular bodies. Tori Toricelli, Riot, Legal Insanity, Odiren, Gabriel, and more, all support popular bodies like Jake and Gianni. From swimwear to casual to tuxedos, there's plenty of clothes made that are excellent quality without dealing with  some company that uses a media hud to control its body. Legacy could change my mind tomorrow by releasing the body as modify. I could see a market for 3rd party HUDs spring up right away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.