A question about Alts and linden homes..

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I gave my land up a couple weeks back and moved into a linden home..

I'm curious, is it possible for my alt to have access to things like changing the stream in my linden home in Bellisseria?

I have  it set to group, but not able to get them to be able to change things like the music.. Now I'm also wondering if I would be able to eject someone  if I needed to when on my alt?

I'm not used to living around places where  other users have access.. I already had a little funny thing happen with someone that i had to eject last week..hehehe

I'm really more concerned with being able to change the stations than dealing with a griefer.. If it comes down to it I'll log  in my main and  it'll be two against one..LOL

You're not able to give your alt added abilities in its group role? Is it your group, I mean do you own it? If you're the group owner and its set to your group, I would think your alt could be given the ability to change the stream at very least.

I would think you should be able to add your alt to the Owner role, and it should have the same rights as you do.

Or is this one of those things where they gave you a role in a group and you can't change anything in the group's member settings?

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

You're not able to give your alt added abilities in its group role? Is it your group, I mean do you own it? If you're the group owner and its set to your group, I would think your alt could be given the ability to change the stream at very least.

If nothing else you should be able to add your alt to the Owner role, and it should have the same rights as you do.

I ended up setting  them to an owner as well and still not able to do anything with the settings.. Everything is greyed out..

I'm gonna try and relog with the owners tag on and see if that does anything.. I had to do that for something  in my old land..

Ya, relog didn't help either..

I'm wonder if LL allows it or not?

32 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

I could offer some of my knowledge on this, you know... if you are good to me.

(talking about the radio and security of course)

Look, guys, he's giving out free samples of his 1000L$-per-hour lessons, take notes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What you want to do would require the land (home) being deeded to group and having a group role for your alt or whoever with the relevant land owner/about land options ticked for that role and you can't do that with a Linden home. If you just want to change music streams you should get a radio that allows anyone to change it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

What you want to do would require the land (home) being deeded to group and having a group role for your alt or whoever with the relevant land owner/about land options ticked for that role and you can't do that with a Linden home. If you just want to change music streams you should get a radio that allows anyone to change it 

Thank you.. I kind of had a feeling it was going to be something like that.. I was hoping it wasn't, but it sure felt like it  since  I never really had too much problem  wih this before..

I'll put down a radio for sure.. Again thank you.. Thank you all for responding so quickly.:)

4 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

I could offer some of my knowledge on this, you know... if you are good to me.

(talking about the radio and security of course)

I have an the linden security, I was just curious about  being able to eject.. I guess that's not a thing either for alts there..

I also forgot about radios.. hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have an the linden security, I was just curious about  being able to eject.. I guess that's not a thing either for alts there..

I also forgot about radios.. hehehe

for things like security, you would need to log in whoever owns the home to control those things. As for the radios, as Claire said, just get a radio that you can add access names to in the radio note card and you'll be all set :) 

🐹

• Like 2

My alt has a land stream radio that I can also change the stream even though he owns the house. It's this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dollarbie-Radio/13898855

So you would get it and rez in your house and then your alt will be able to change the music.

Edited by Madonna666
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.