Wall Street Journal Podcast

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Persephone Emeraldposted before about Part 3 but the thread went it's own direction.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/492129-what-happens-when-sl-becomes-very-popular-very-fast/

I did read Part 2 Avatars Behaving Badly. The articles/podcasts are quite insightful. I never knew Stroker Serpentine retired to a nudist community. It seems rather fitting. 

• Thanks 3

There was this thread.  I think only one or 2 people read the link, which was from one of the Wall Street Journal articles connected to the podcast.  Most people seemed to take the thread as an excuse to go off on their own tangents. One even said this would never happen, when the link was about when it did happen.

Linden Lab basically partnered with the CSI: New York TV show to create an episode partially set in Second Life, with an invitation at the end for fans of the show to come into Second Life to explore it for themselves, to try to learn more about the fictional characters and murder in the show. The result was a disaster of Linden Lab unpreparedness for a deluge of newbies who had little to no understanding of how to navigate this virtual world. That was my takeaway from the article, anyway.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bree Giffen said:

@Persephone Emeraldposted before about Part 3 but the thread went it's own direction.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/492129-what-happens-when-sl-becomes-very-popular-very-fast/

I did read Part 2 Avatars Behaving Badly. The articles/podcasts are quite insightful. I never knew Stroker Serpentine retired to a nudist community. It seems rather fitting. 

I was amazed to see Stroker Serpentine posting in a group chat a few years ago. I wonder how many SL residents even know who he is now? He was one of the major forces behind the development of virtual sex in SL. I remember when he gave away his sex engine for free and then left SL, because he was so pissed that other creators had copied his work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:54 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

There was this thread.  I think only one or 2 people read the link, which was from one of the Wall Street Journal articles connected to the podcast.  Most people seemed to take the thread as an excuse to go off on their own tangents. One even said this would never happen, when the link was about when it did happen.

Linden Lab basically partnered with the CSI: New York TV show to create an episode partially set in Second Life, with an invitation at the end for fans of the show to come into Second Life to explore it for themselves, to try to learn more about the fictional characters and murder in the show. The result was a disaster of Linden Lab unpreparedness for a deluge of newbies who had little to no understanding of how to navigate this virtual world. That was my takeaway from the article, anyway.

Thanks! I knew the article series was posted but forgot it was this thread!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:00 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

I was amazed to see Stroker Serpentine posting in a group chat a few years ago. I wonder how many SL residents even know who he is now? He was one of the major forces behind the development of virtual sex in SL. I remember when he gave away his sex engine for free and then left SL, because he was so pissed that other creators had copied his work.

wasn't he on the show Real Sex also or some show where one of the things he talked about was catching one of the guys stealing his stuff.. I just remember him talking to his kids in that show and his wife  looking like she was just dealing with it , but couldn't wait for the cameras to shut off so she could blow up.. lol

She really looked restrained.. hehehehe

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

wasn't he on the show Real Sex also or some show where one of the things he talked about was catching one of the guys stealing his stuff.. I just remember him talking to his kids in that show and his wife  looking like she was just dealing with it , but couldn't wait for the cameras to shut off so she could blow up.. lol

She really looked restrained.. hehehehe

lol. I think that might have been on the documentary Life 2.0.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

lol. I think that might have been on the documentary Life 2.0.

There was one called Login to Life which might be the one I'm thinking of where his wife was in it.. He was pretty much in most of them I think.. But I kind of remember him making it into one that might have actually been mainstream also.. I keep thinking like HBO Real Sex..

But looked up the documentaries and pretty sure the one with his wife is login to life.. That was a good documentary.. I think it was like of three or four different people in second life and them giving their stories.. I really liked that one..

This is the trailer for that one.. I'm just gonna link it rather them embed it because, well Stroker content.. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc6nYRlNGhw

I know his case against that content thief made the news in a few places too.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.