sandbox in parcel

IvyTechEngineer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, IvyTechEngineer said:

How do you setup a sandbox in SL on your parcel? I have done it before but I forget how to do it. 

Thanks

ivytechengineer

If you own the parcel and just want part of it to be used by the public as a sandbox, you can subdivide the parcel then set the "sandbox" portion so everyone can rez, with autoreturn set at whatever time you want (I'd say to set it to return items a few times per day, but some go longer than that). 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advise. I watched the video and tried to join the old sandbox to the new one and it reset the Options for the parcel to the main parcel options, i.e. only people in a particular group can build? If I want to open it up as a sandbox for my students would I just select the "Build" for everyone radial button? Not sure what the best strategy is...

image.png

Yes, if you join two parcels, they then become one and have just one set of permissions. If you are still wanting a sandbox that has its own set of perms, you need to leave the parcels divided. As long as they are both in the same region and have the same owner, they can still share LI if that's a concern. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.