★ ★ ★ STARBUTTS COFFEE looking for female/male baristas! ★ ★ ★

HexsKatt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

to be more correct, i'm not sure it's still in the guidelines, but i'm pretty sure that in the past, brands, look like brands, names leading or hinting on real brands, were nót allowed. The use of logo's were also not allowed. But.... only the rightfull owner could/can take actions to get it removed.

sounds like speculations about trivial things mixed with superficial knowledge to me.  lets just chill and dont be a buzzkill... hm? we got a victimless crime here after all. so, lets rather have a coffee and a fun time. sounds better to me. 

8 hours ago, littleplumbum said:

sounds like speculations about trivial things mixed with superficial knowledge to me.  lets just chill and dont be a buzzkill... hm? we got a victimless crime here after all. so, lets rather have a coffee and a fun time. sounds better to me. 

your fun will be gone fast if you get the lawyer of starbxxx in your mailbox with a announcement they want to see you in court.
Copyrights and registered brands aren't toys.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

your fun will be gone fast if you get the lawyer of starbxxx in your mailbox with a announcement they want to see you in court.

No they are not.

On the other hand, parodies and satire (to a certain degree) is protected by Fair Use Doctrine.

Also, courts frown if IP holders directly take satire/parodies to court without first a Cease & Desist letter, i.e., attempts to settle the issue out of court first. Doing so may result in the Court viewing such legal actions as "in bad faith", and that will penalize all the IP holders' efforts in the future.

Edited by primerib1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 10:46 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

OH come on..Seriously? This person actually had a good idea, created it and it's simply a fun satire of the RL Starbucks.  I swear people here have gotten their fun libido zapped somehow by some alien force. These are the types of people I'd love to RP with. You know....those with a sense of humor.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.