How to Rez while sailing Blake Sea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Apologies for such a rudimentary question but how do you bring a boat back after it despawns in the Blake sea? My ship disappears when I stand up at islands or in open water and I can't spawn it again without returning to a Rez zone.  I see other people spawning on land owned by the Blake Sea group or on protected land but I always get a message about permissions. I'm really enjoying sailing but it sucks being stuck in my seat the entire time.

There is a small square of separate parcel of land in the North-East corner of most of the Blake Sea regions. You can rez in these small parcels. As far as I remember, all of the plain sea regions have one of these.

Ideally, you need to be able to show Parcel boundaries on your Minimap; that will enable you to make sure that you are inside that small parcel before you try.

Edited by Odaks
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Relu Antiesse said:

Is it impossible to show parcels on the linden viewer? 

How are people parking their boats at islands and walking around? Mine gets autoreturned if I stand up.

I haven't used the Linden viewer in a long time. All I can say for sure is it didn't. 

To keep your boat rezzed whilst you go exploring you can sit an alt account on it as a "boat keeper". There might be other tricks but that is the one I know of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I haven't used the Linden viewer in a long time. All I can say for sure is it didn't. 

LL finally (after 10years?) has a beta viewer where the small map shows parcel boundaries.  It's a new feature they claim.  It should show up in their default viewer "soon".

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

To keep your boat rezzed whilst you go exploring you can sit an alt account on it as a "boat keeper". There might be other tricks but that is the one I know of. 

I've always wondered if a bot service exists for this... I know I'd pay 10L for a bot to show up on command and sit in my boat :)

You can run multiple instances of the viewer. Using Firestorm that's enabled via a setting in preferences. I'm not sure about about the LL viewer; you may need to set the debug setting AllowMultipleViewers directly.

Once you have an alt running on a second instance of a viewer you just need to park them on the boat, minimise the viewer, and forget about them.

You can also try parking your boat in a rez zone (they're often adjacent  to piers and jetties). You will need to check About Land to find the auto-return time for that zone, and limit your excursion accordingly.

• Like 1

I don't have need for a "boat keeper", because it is rare I feel any need to leave my boat behind whilst I go exploring.

In the past I have used Radegast viewer for my alt, you don't really get any more lightweight than that, but there is no real need to go that light at least not on my current PC it happily runs two instances of firestorm without issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.