Why Do Real Estate Companies Not Want General Rated Parcels or Regions?

Mitchell Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you need General land I do have this. You can IM me in world or visit this private residential island where you will find General Rated land. For example if you are a parent and need land for your children that is possible.

I do not discriminate any groups so even teenagers can come to live on the island. Also people who prefer to live on PG land are welcome if they do not wish to be confronted with nude Objects or avatars.

Click here to visit the PG land.

Count Burks

Edited by Count Burks
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Mitchell Indigo said:

I'm curious to know why mainly real estate companies and some people do not want to rent/own general rated parcels or regions on SL?

I have multiple General regions. 

The problem is, they don't rent well as people fear them. From long experience, I find that the way "G" works is this: Lindens do not police them any more, but they are venues where your  enemy can AR you for swearing or having a classical painting with an exposed body, let alone appearing naked yourself. If you have a skybox in G, you generally don't encounter problems.

So I tend to make rentals on G regions that are skyboxes or condos or some prepared unit. I generally don't have an empty parcel roadside such as you might need but I can look.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, HeathcliffMontague said:

Because Moderate is so much less complicated, I guess. Moderate spans just about everything most people will want to do. Including behing closed doors activities if one should feel so inclined. Last time was land hunting the cheapest deals were found in General, but also Adult, actually. 

Yeah, but those cheap adult parcels share a region with a place like HBC... Constant region near capacity from AFKers. It may be adult, but when only Premium members can enter it through the additional slots after the region hits capacity its value decreases dramatically.

As for me my spot is PG, but I have it in a M region, I don't want to have to police outfits (M allows public nudity, so guests don't need to check their outfits first, and I can swap clothes without retreating to a changing room to do it) like I need to ban people for rezzing adult poseballs on the ground level that has a family-friendly theme.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, NanashiNyx said:

Yeah, but those cheap adult parcels share a region with a place like HBC... Constant region near capacity from AFKers. It may be adult, but when only Premium members can enter it through the additional slots after the region hits capacity its value decreases dramatically.

As for me my spot is PG, but I have it in a M region, I don't want to have to police outfits (M allows public nudity, so guests don't need to check their outfits first, and I can swap clothes without retreating to a changing room to do it) like I need to ban people for rezzing adult poseballs on the ground level that has a family-friendly theme.

Yes agree with you on the cheap adult parcels, I have had some terrible experiences, not just with the clubs opening up next door, but with naked people teleporting to me on the map, and lots of unsolicited IMs looking for sex.

I have owned quite a bit of G land though and generally found it to be a good experience. It is also quite an affordable way to get nice waterfront parcels and the like. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.