Which bodies to choose and other questions

Sukitsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Get yourself a free body and head for now and then spend time playing with it so you know what you really like and dislike before you drop money on it. I recommend trying the free eBody Classic and eBody Curvy with the BoM relay to see how all this stuff works first and get an idea of what kind of shape/proportion suits your desired avatar. You can find some nice skins to use with these bodies at The Free Dove in world.

• Like 1

Good morning,

Here is a little bit of the draft of the character,
So it is :

Head : lelutka EvoX Gaia
Body : Maitreya 

I'm still in demo of course, except for the hair, outfit that I found in a gift group
b33e0db85871deda0b697319d17c4f4b.jpg

05ff6390ab68b82c15b8d20cde41a500.png

Edited by Sukitsu
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sukitsu said:

I'm still in demo of course, except for the hair, outfit that I found in a gift group

That actually looks very well done. Most people who've been in SL for years don't look that good by a long stretch.

If you're still in demo for even the body - do hold off until October 1st when Prima and BellezaX come out. Two new bodies that MIGHT change your preference or justify your current choice. We kinda don't know yet - but it's a lot of cash to spend this close to a possible big shakeup in the choices.

EvoX on the other hand, is a safe buy. The head brands are pretty stable and I don't know of any new ones coming out soon - so if you've found a head you like you'd be good to go buying it.

46 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

That actually looks very well done. Most people who've been in SL for years don't look that good by a long stretch.

If you're still in demo for even the body - do hold off until October 1st when Prima and BellezaX come out. Two new bodies that MIGHT change your preference or justify your current choice. We kinda don't know yet - but it's a lot of cash to spend this close to a possible big shakeup in the choices.

EvoX on the other hand, is a safe buy. The head brands are pretty stable and I don't know of any new ones coming out soon - so if you've found a head you like you'd be good to go buying it.

I doubt BellezaX or  Prima will make any difference to the suitability of a Maitreya Lara body for the OP. 

You (the OP) could try the "free" LucyBody Athenea though, which fits Maitreya Lara clothes and SLink & Maitreya shoes. It might be interesting to compare it (especially the HUD & the body's render complexity) to your Maitreya demo.  Another difference is that the auto-hide function in Maitreya mesh clothes doesn't work on LucyBody. The neck is not as seamless with Lelutka either. LucyBody is also only very usable when you purchase the BOM applier for it, which cost $L 197. So it's not exactly free if you buy the BOM applier, but that's still only about 80 cents US.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I doubt BellezaX or  Prima will make any difference to the suitability of a Maitreya Lara body for the OP. 

You (the OP) could try the "free" LucyBody Athenea though, which fits Maitreya Lara clothes and SLink & Maitreya shoes. It might be interesting to compare it (especially the HUD & the body's render complexity) to your Maitreya demo.  Another difference is that the auto-hide function in Maitreya mesh clothes doesn't work on LucyBody. The neck is not as seamless with Lelutka either. LucyBody is also only very usable when you purchase the BOM applier for it, which cost $L 197. So it's not exactly free if you buy the BOM applier, but that's still only about 80 cents US.

I just looked at the board for the lucybody today and it's at like 45/350 I think..

But the nice thing is, they can do this also, which is really just a donation. they can choose any of those prices to get the same thing right away rather than waiting for the board to get enough clicks.. so they can pay 250L$ or more and get the same full version as the one for free..

so with the bom addon will only be 500L$ which is still a great buy for that body and all the things it can fit in :)

52393672270_4336267568_h.jpg

Here is the BOM kit for the body, which is the other 250L$ of that 500L$..

It's right under the big midnight madness sign..

52393536509_ab9dc4aead_h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, good morning,
Thank you again for your answers!

I tested different bodies including the belleza but, not the new version of course as well as the lucy. I'm really thinking of going for the maitreya which I really like, I had hesitated with the Legacy (the normal one not the perky one) but, the choice of outfits / gift group, gachas, etc... Go more into the maitreya than Legacy (Akali's outfit from violent seduction is super badass, I admit it, I'm falling for it)

I don't know if it will be updated or if it will disappear but for the moment, the maitreya is nice and its hud is quite intuitive for a new one like me.
Thanks anyway for the opinion on my avatar, I know I still have to change my eyes and buy what I have left to buy but that will wait for my pay, hahaha.

I was thinking of putting 10-15k of linden for my body, I think I would have enough for the body / head and at least the ao and the eyes, as for the outfits, I can easily find at gifts group like Scandalize which has many clothes for free with group free (Scandals)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sukitsu said:

Good evening, good morning,
Thank you again for your answers!

I tested different bodies including the belleza but, not the new version of course as well as the lucy. I'm really thinking of going for the maitreya which I really like, I had hesitated with the Legacy (the normal one not the perky one) but, the choice of outfits / gift group, gachas, etc... Go more into the maitreya than Legacy (Akali's outfit from violent seduction is super badass, I admit it, I'm falling for it)

I don't know if it will be updated or if it will disappear but for the moment, the maitreya is nice and its hud is quite intuitive for a new one like me.
Thanks anyway for the opinion on my avatar, I know I still have to change my eyes and buy what I have left to buy but that will wait for my pay, hahaha.

I was thinking of putting 10-15k of linden for my body, I think I would have enough for the body / head and at least the ao and the eyes, as for the outfits, I can easily find at gifts group like Scandalize which has many clothes for free with group free (Scandals)

I think a Maitreya is  2750L$ and you will get your monies worth with it.. There is endless amount of content for it all over the grid..

An AO, you can make one of those really easy by picking up individual animations and using a zhao II, which you can get that hud for free on the market place..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think a Maitreya is  2750L$ and you will get your monies worth with it.. There is endless amount of content for it all over the grid..

An AO, you can make one of those really easy by picking up individual animations and using a zhao II, which you can get that hud for free on the market place..

Hello or good evening, it all depends when you read me :)

I am aware of the price of Maitreya, and yes it must be well 2750L$.
As for the head, it seems to me that it is at 3990 or 3999L$.

I know that for the eyes, I am between 200 - 500L$ ( I saw some especially at 299-399L$ )
The two photos I put are sketches of my character, he may change, I don't know yet. I know that I was sure on Maitreya that a friend already offered me the skin of the head and body at "Enfer Sombre"

All I need now is to make my body shape because the head, I already have what I want (the one in the photos, it could change but it would still be in this style)

On the other hand, I didn't understand regarding the override animation..
You are talking about making your own Ao for free by going to the marketplace, how to do it? Isn't it better to go buy an AO already made ?
I was advised "Vista" and "Body language" for AOs by the way.

Thank you for the feedback anyway!
Thank you for your help everyone!

Edited by Sukitsu
Precision
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sukitsu said:

Hello,

yeah, Maitreya is 2750L$ and Lelutka 3990L$ ( i think)
On the other hand I didn't understand how to do the ao myself

If you ever get to where you need a hand with it I can show you anytime you see me online..It's really easy to do those.. In fact If I can find a video of  one I'll post it up in this thread..

Most animation override huds, you can do the same with, but the ZHAOII only uses like two scripts I believe.. the one I use which I'll get a link for can minimize down to a little blue dot so it doesn't take up hardly any screen space..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Thank you for your speed ! @Ceka Cianci
I was just editing my message to make a clearer message.

So suddenly the AO is something that I have to take into account after having totally made my avatar ? (without demo of the shot)
Sorry, I'm really a noob on SecondLife ! You're talking to me about something I don't understand! Hahaha, really sorry.

ZHAOII so is an ao "configurable" by its own animations, is it its?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sukitsu said:

Thank you for your speed ! @Ceka Cianci
I was just editing my message to make a clearer message.

So suddenly the AO is something that I have to take into account after having totally made my avatar ? (without demo of the shot)
Sorry, I'm really a noob on SecondLife ! You're talking to me about something I don't understand! Hahaha, really sorry.

ZHAOII so is an ao "configurable" by its own animations, is it its?

ZHAO II is an animation override that you can add animations into.. it can control how you walk, rather than doign what we call the default duck walk..

When you see avatars walking differently or standing and have animations going.. those are in an animation override..

you can buy what they call a full animation override that someone has filled with animations, or you can get ones you like and put them in your ZHAO II..

You can always change animations in and out, so you really wouldn't need to get but the one and change it over time as you see fit..

• Like 1

@Sukitsu It's also worth checking out the Animation Override (AO) which is built-in to the Firestorm viewer (this is one of, if not the most popular viewer to use with SL).  It doesn't need scripts and the UI is much friendlier than a HUD.

Here is some information about it:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/animation_overrider

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

@Sukitsu It's also worth checking out the Animation Override (AO) which is built-in to the Firestorm viewer (this is one of, if not the most popular viewer to use with SL).  It doesn't need scripts and the UI is much friendlier than a HUD.

Here is some information about it:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/animation_overrider

Thank you very much, but I already have Firestorm launcher, it was a friend who advised me to take this launcher instead of the official one because it is much better made and the visual is more intuitive ! 

20 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I think for a newcomer it would probably be better to just buy an AO than to have to fiddle with notecards and all that.

Thanks for tips :)

• Like 1

Animations give your avatar a sense of personality. You might want an animation set that looks cute, sexy, confident, silly, reserved, or any other set of emotions.

I think the animations from Body Language are very good, but also expensive. EatMe Animations has free and inexpensive Animation Overriderers, but their animations are not as good as the ones from Body Language. My advice is to demo in the stores - EatMe, Vista, and Body Language. Get the free and $L 10 AOs from EatMe to try them. Then wait for the October Shop and Hop event to see if Body Language will have a free gift AO there.

Once you can see how different AO animations look with your avatar, try to follow the instructions at the Firestorm website to put the animations you like into their viewer AO. Bento animations are best for standing, sitting, walking and hovering. These show more detailed animations for your hands and face. I don't think Bento animations are always necessary for running, flying or falling, because your avatar would likely be moving too fast for other people to notice.

Using the Firestorm AO causes less lag than an AO HUD, and it won't get removed when you put on another HUD. It takes some work to set up the Firestorm AO, but once you have it working it's easier in the long run.

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The only thing with the FS one is it delays and takes longer to load animations.. Someone was telling me that the FS AO has to send to the server, where the AO huds are already on the server, so there is less bounces for load time..

Something like that.. hehehehe

So someone will be thinking their animations are loaded ,when others will see them like a T pose until their animations load..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I think for a newcomer it would probably be better to just buy an AO than to have to fiddle with notecards and all that.

I TP'd her to my place and  got her a Zhao !! and have been going through it with her so she can understands the steps.. plus just reading the notecard that you edit and place the names,  they have easy instructions that she was grasping on even before I could start to explain that part..

I'm gonna look around to see if i can find some inexpensive animations for her that are good ones and see if she likes those .. then tomorrow gonna finish up to where she has a good understanding  before we are finished..

Ya, I think she will be fine.  She was getting a good grasp of it really quick..

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The only thing with the FS one is it delays and takes longer to load animations.. Someone was telling me that the FS AO has to send to the server, where the AO huds are already on the server, so there is less bounces for load time..

Something like that.. hehehehe

So someone will be thinking their animations are loaded ,when others will see thein like a T pose until their animations load..

I can honestly say that I've never experienced this delay.  Not even from the point of view of an alt.  If there is one, it's imperceptible to me.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I can honestly say that I've never experienced this delay.  Not even from the point of view of an alt.

I see it with my alts a lot, even when I'm in my sim and nobody else is there but me and my alt..

I'll have times where I go to walk and am gliding across the ground rather than walking.. it's probably not every server that it's going on and may be older ones or something..

I never really paid too much attention to it until I was in one of the body groups and they were talking about AO's.. then it was like one of those things I couldn't unsee anymore.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I see it with my alts a lot, even when I'm in my sim and nobody else is there but me and my alt..

I'll have times where I go to walk and am gliding across the ground rather than walking.. it's probably not every server that it's going on and may be older ones or something..

I never really paid too much attention to it until I was in one of the body groups and they were talking about AO's.. then it was like one of those things I couldn't unsee anymore.. lol

Well, I'm at a loss to explain what you are experiencing but I have nothing like that.  I wouldn't be using it if I did.  I guess it's just another area where SL is very variable.

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Well, I'm at a loss to explain what you are experiencing but I have nothing like that.  I wouldn't be using it if I did.  I guess it's just another area where SL is very variable.

If I can find the right explanation of it, I'll post it up.. I may even be explaining it wrong.. hehehe

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Ok I found something on it..

What it is  is, the script in the AO hud sends the information to those around you so they can see your animation..

The client viewer has to send the information to the server and then that information gets sent to those around you so they can see your animation.

I'm betting it really depends a lot of what server you are on or if you are like at an event and things like that..

Everyone is pretty much moved out of my sim now, so i wonder if  someone was making things laggier or something before and me seeing it a lot more  in that time.. I should test it out and see if it happens or not in my sim now..

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ok I found something on it..

What it is  is, the script in the AO hud sends the information to those around you so they can see your animation..

The client viewer has to send the information to the server and then that information gets sent to those around you so they can see your animation.

I'm betting it really depends a lot of what server you are on or if you are like at an event and things like that..

Everyone is pretty much moved out of my sim now, so i wonder if  someone was making things laggier or something before and me seeing it a lot more  in that time.. I should test it out and see if it happens or not in my sim now..

I think it was @Coffee Pancake who I first saw posted this information and it's because of the Firestorm bridge and works as you say here.  I'll also be testing to see if I can see the problem but if I was going into a T-pose all the time then the people I know would tell me.  My partner would tell me and I would go and take a look at their computer to see it.  So again, not disputing the info here, just that the impacts must affect some but not others.  Perhaps it's a internet connection speed thing or something else.

I have seen sliding behaviour on ZHAO-II based AOs and VISTA ones though in the past so they aren't immune despite being all on the server.

Anyway thanks for the info Ceka, the more we know the more we can try to figure out what is what.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.